Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

luffwaffe tunic with camp insignia

Article about: Hello all, Just wanted to offer this up for any opinions before I part with any money. I'd love to see this in are holocaust museum here in Houston. I feel very good about this one. My opini

?

Default Re: luffwaffe tunic with camp insignia

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Personaly, I wouldn't ever loan anything from my collection to a museum.
    Agree, you never know what one of the 50 + - or so emploees do with your treasures when you have left the building.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luffwaffe tunic with camp insignia
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Personaly, I wouldn't ever loan anything from my collection to a museum.
    Although I understand and respect your opinion, I have worked with this museum and hold them in the highest regard. Sometimes I personal feel as a collector I have a responsibility to share the history I love some much with others. As for the employes, if they take it, they take it. Anyone could break into my house in take everything; or a fire could burn it all up. Thats life in my eyes.

Just a small update, I have contacted Hannah's Reich, he has informed me that he has never had this tunic in his possession. Still waiting for more photos. Thanks again for all the comment, this site is amazing.

http://www.od43.com/SS_Wehrpass_1_Pf.html
    This is quite interesting as i was quite sceptical about Luftwaffe troops serving at concentration camps, i then found this wehrpass and it shows that a member of a Luftwaffe flak unit being transferred to Totenkopf wachbatallion at Sachsenhausen.
    I wonder what combination of collar tabs he would have worn, deathshead or swastika with red background flak tab?
    The jacket being debated in this thread with the black Luftwaffe collar tab would have been air ministry or an engineer, i'd guess at an engineer!.....i'm learning something new every day about the TR.....

On the right they wore the temp. camp tab, which was black and displayed the double swastika and on the left they wore there rank from pior branch, aka luff or heer. I don't understand your last sentence. They were camp guards. As for not believing these branches served at camps, there proof of all kinds out there, just research it. As for the debate here, it's not if the jacket existed, but when the construction of the tunic took place.

I know nothing about this item specifically, but Abe, whom I totally trust, says it's, "original in the sum of it's parts." If the tunic, with the adornments is historically accurate, and if you intend it as a representaive museum piece, then it should fit the bill. Dwight

I know nothing about this item specifically, but Ade, whom I totally trust, says it's, "original in the sum of it's parts." If the tunic, with the adornments is historically accurate, and if you intend it as a representaive museum piece, then it should fit the bill. Museum displays, unlike private collections, don't have to be 100% original. They just have too be historically accurate. Dwight

drmessimer please look at post #62.

Sorry no offence was meant my friend, i'm saying that until i did any research i was sceptical, after finding the wehrpass i now know luftwaffe troops served at the camps. The jacket could indeed be genuine but as other people have said it could have been put together postwar, i think only when the jacket is in the hands of an expert will you get a definate answer.
    As for my last sentance all i was talking about was the waffenfarbe, the black luft tab on the jacket in question means the guy either came from the air ministry or he was an engineer, they both wore the black tabs.
    Regards Paul!...

I promise no offence was taken. Sometimes when typing, emotions can be pervade incorrectly. You our correct, this tunic needs to be in hand to make a final decision. I also feel we are sadly going in circles now. Thank you all for your help here, I am more grafeful than is known. After much consideration, I now feel this is a post war constructed tunic, if I still purchase it, I will let it be known. Thanks again.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8