Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luft Flight Blouse

Article about: Guys, this item has a long story to it but I will give you the short version; I did a "motel buy" back in the the late 70's (Reading, Pa.),this is part of a group bought from a vet

Hal
    ?

Default Luft Flight Blouse

Guys, this item has a long story to it but I will give you the short version; I did a "motel buy" back in the the late 70's (Reading, Pa.),this is part of a group bought from a vet at that buy. Regards, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Flight Blouse   Luft Flight Blouse  

Luft Flight Blouse   Luft Flight Blouse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Flight Blouse
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luft Flight Blouse

Hi Hal, as per usual, a quality item from you collection.

I like a lot of the features to be seen in this blouse: the different shades of rayon used in the lining, the slightly crooked application of the collar rank gulls, etc.

The piped collar (signals brown waffenfarbe) is a little unusual to be seen on a later dated blouse, but it is not a concern.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: I don't mind the long story if you have time to type.

Hal
    ?

Hi Ade, this group consisted of: ( Reading this, word for word, from a file card kept from this motel buy); Mr. H--- 1979- Luft uniform, Political uniform(Pts-Jkt-Hat-Belt),2 wall flgs,4 hats,flare pistol,box misc.
    I sold the above listed items to a friend and fellow collector who had such a large collection that it had to be kept in a public storage facility. His storage unit was sold at public auction (yr.2000) for lack of payment,( another long story), and most of the collection was sold on eBay. I saw this item on eBay and recognized it immediately, as I have pics of the items I've purchased over the years, ( Photography an avocation), and bought it ($570.00) for considerably more than the sale price (75.00). Best Regards, Hal

Hi Hal, thanks for the rest of the story. I am pleased that you got the blouse back after all these years. It is a great item.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    Nice Fliegerbluse....congrats
    IMO the collar piping was applied after issue...let's say for the "interest in one's appearance"....nice Nachrichten piping
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

I agree, regarding the collar piping. This was officially discontinued(and ordered removed) in 1942. I feel that the outer piping was added after issue.

Really cool tunic.