Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems

Article about: Hello, I've been looking through this site and I'm amazed at all of the Luftwaffe Emblem relics that have been removed from aircraft that have survived in the various collections posted. My

Default Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems

Hello, I've been looking through this site and I'm amazed at all of the Luftwaffe Emblem relics that have been removed from aircraft that have survived in the various collections posted. My main interest is digitally recreating the Luftwaffe Emblems. It can be a difficult task using blurred black and white photos to be able to draw an accurate replica of how the emblems looked on the aircraft. Seeing these relics is the best source for the correct colours, proportions, and application whether it be stencilled or hand painted. If anyone who has any Luftwaffe emblems in their relic collections would be kind enough to post a photo I would be a happy man.

Many thanks for your time and for sharing these priceless historical relics.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems

I have a feeling a number of those you've seen posted here were recently revealed to be fakes, if my understanding was correct.

Nitram

Thanks Nitram for the heads up. Would you happen to know what particular emblems they were.

Anything posted by 'Swingcat' for a start.

Edit: Except the large piece of Hess's Bf110, but that wasn't his anyway, it's in the IWM collection.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

That was who I was referring to, I just wasn't certain as I didn't really pay much attention to that banning.

Nitram

Thank you Gentlemen... Just go's to show how careful you've got to be these day's. The money these items could sell for must far outweigh the time and effort expended in fabricating such an item. They look very authentic. Well my original appeal still stands but for any real Luftwaffe emblems please.

Do these help? Sorry, no sizes available but the colours are supposed to be correct.

Save them to your images folder and you can blow them up for close detail.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems   Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems  

Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems   Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems  

Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems   Luftwaffe Aircraft Emblems  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you Big Ned ever so much taking the time to post those images. I already have most of the books focusing on Luftwaffe emblems. Most of the drawings contained are artists impressions and not precisely accurate. Which is why I search for the emblems that have been cut from the actual aircraft as the primary source.

Thanks again

Just to check guy's, do you know if the above mentioned items were faked/fabricated or just photos of authentic items from other peoples relic collections?

May I ask what all this has to do with,say,a fliegerbluse,a pair of M43 Keilhose and an M36 Combat tunic?Just curious!
    Horrido!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast