Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe armband added to collection

Article about: Hey gang....Here's my most recent armband acquisition. Davis' book states that these were used by graduates at Luftwaffe Officer Cadet Schools, whereas Collector's Guild says it's a Deputy A

Default Luftwaffe armband added to collection

Hey gang....Here's my most recent armband acquisition. Davis' book states that these were used by graduates at Luftwaffe Officer Cadet Schools, whereas Collector's Guild says it's a Deputy Air protection Leader's armband.....The guild states the following:
    ""The Army Mobilization Order of March 12TH 1937, introduced a wide variety of assorted armbands that were worn to identify personnel performing specific duties or functions for the Armed Forces. Most of the armbands were worn on the upper left sleeve of uniformed or non-uniformed personnel and were worn only while the individual was performing the specific duty or function identified by the armband. The Luftwaffe also utilized many of the armbands introduced by the army and the OKL, Oberkommando der Luftwaffe, (High Command of the Air Force), Mobilization Plan of August 31ST 1938 introduced a large series of specific armbands that were only utilized by personnel serving under the control of the Luftwaffe. The OKL continued to introduce assorted armbands through-out the duration of the war for additional specific duties and functions. Luftwaffe personnel assigned to military instillation air protection in conjunction with civilian authorities were issued an identifying armband for wear on the upper left sleeve when on duty""

Anyhoot....I'm not sure who's right and who's not...but it's an armband that is not easy to find. I'm glad to have been able to acquire this example!
    Thought I'd put up some pics....

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe armband added to collection   Luftwaffe armband added to collection  

Luftwaffe armband added to collection   Luftwaffe armband added to collection  

Luftwaffe armband added to collection   Luftwaffe armband added to collection  

Luftwaffe armband added to collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe armband added to collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe armband added to collection

nice band rob as always and some nice buckles aswell could we see the backs thanks for showing

Thanks Ewan...Yeah...I can start a seperate thread in the buckle section.
    Glad you like it man - not the easiest armband to find.
    Cheers!

Rob

rob i have to admit i have never seen one in my short years its a real eye and $ catcher and in mint condition also on the buckles nice one mate!

Rob-
    Nice aquisition. In the 1960's, I had the Heer and Kreigsmarine versions of this armband. They are not common as you mentioned. I do not believe I have seen a period picture of any version of this armband being worn. Of course, I have also never seen a period image of the SA Wehrmannschaft armband in wear(AKA as the SA Sports Armband, which it is not).
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob! Thanks! Glad you like it. I too have never seen any pics of those armbands you mentioned in wear....there has to be some out there in a dusty photo album. I've seen the KM and Heer versions as well....They are quite cool! I especially like the Heer version.
    Cheers!

Rob

Hummelcraft
    ?

Bob,
    What are the differences between the Heer and the Kreigsmarine armbands?

Hummel

The Heer and Kreigsmarine armbands are all the same basic pattern. The Heer model has a black thread Heer form national emblem and the Kreigsmarine has a black anchor with yellow rope. It is possible that these armbands were intended for wear while the candidate was wearing civilian clothing
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hummelcraft
    ?

I asked because I was thinking it might have been like the Heer and Kreigs sport shirt patches, black or blue eagles. Now I remember that I have seen the anchor armband in one of Brian Davis' books. Have you ever seen any of these cadet armbands without the vertical stripes?

Hummel

Quote by Hummelcraft View Post
    I asked because I was thinking it might have been like the Heer and Kreigs sport shirt patches, black or blue eagles. Now I remember that I have seen the anchor armband in one of Brian Davis' books. Have you ever seen any of these cadet armbands without the vertical stripes?

Hummel

Hi Hummel! I haven't seen these types without the stripes.

Cheers!

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast