Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

luftwaffe AWARDS Is it a fake?

Article about: luftwaffe AWARDS Is it a fake?

Default luftwaffe AWARDS Is it a fake?

luftwaffe AWARDS Is it a fake? luftwaffe  AWARDS  Is it a fake?luftwaffe  AWARDS  Is it a fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luftwaffe  AWARDS  Is it a fake?
    P
    Many

?

Question

It would sure help if you showed the back of both!
    Sarge

Quote by Sarge View Post
    It would sure help if you showed the back of both!
    Sarge
    luftwaffe  AWARDS  Is it a fake?luftwaffe  AWARDS  Is it a fake?luftwaffe  AWARDS  Is it a fake?

Cant say about the clasp but to me the pilots badge looks OK but is hard to tell because you are holding them and covering so much detail. I have one-an eary war pice-I forget who the maker is off-hand? but the similarities look Ok as far as I remember? I haven't looked at it in years as ive had no need to, but look at the positioning of the bottom leg of the swaz for example--sometimes that helps-as well as the fine feathering in between the feathers. Mine was vet purchased in Germany about 20 or so years ago. Purchased from the Colonel who it was awarded to.

On second thought, I don't like the look of the rivets on the pilots badge-and I will also say, im no expert-just basing an opinion on what ive got in my collection that has passed the "acid test" of collectors and the like and that does have provenance.

I really think you should post these awards separately in the orders & decorations of the third Reich part of the forum for a more in depth analysis, Regards, Paul

Just remembered mine is an early Assmann pilots badge if that helps? It's just the stylized "A" and not the full name.

The pictures are really not good. You can't expect us to do a fair assessment with the photos provided..

All we ask is that if you want an assessment on an item you have, that you would provide us with clear pictures that won't leave us guessing as to what you have..

With that said I am not a fan of the R.S.& S pilot observers badge for this reason: Based on the pictures,, I am seeing a partial raised makers mark that was worn off or not complete and then to complete the process, the letters were then stamped to make a complete makers mark..

I wouldn't want to trust this as an authentic piece.. I have not seen anything like this before to correct a makers mark..

The F& B L Bomber clasp may stand a chance but again, without complete clear pictures of the front and back to include pictures of the clasp, and all the details of the back it is difficult to give a decent assessment..

Help us so we can help you..

Smitty