Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe breast adler

Article about: Hello all, I recently picked this Luftwaffe beast adler up with a few other items. Nothing too special but its my first piece of TR insignia so I thought I would get the experts here to doub

?

Default Luftwaffe breast adler

Hello all,

I recently picked this Luftwaffe beast adler up with a few other items. Nothing too special but its my first piece of TR insignia so I thought I would get the experts here to double check it for me.

Thanks
    Alex
    Luftwaffe breast adlerLuftwaffe breast adler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe breast adler
    P
    Many

?

Wait for the experts to tell you for sure, but I'm fairly certain it's original. I have one, too.

Most of the fakes seem to look really bad, like this.

?

Thanks Erno. That linked one looks horrible.

?

Not all fakes are that ugly looking, but all the copies I've seen so far were pretty obviously bad.

I've also noticed that the back always seems to be lighter in color than the front, but I don't know why.

?

Erno.. Perhaps the answer is that when embroidered it is a "Dull" reverse image.. In fact I would almost bet it is.. The backing or 'Solveigh" always gives a different or slight effect..
    Also, the thread on the backing rubs against a shirt or skin leaving a erosion of sorts..

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Erno.. Perhaps the answer is that when embroidered it is a "Dull" reverse image.. In fact I would almost bet it is.. The backing or 'Solveigh" always gives a different or slight effect..
    Also, the thread on the backing rubs against a shirt or skin leaving a erosion of sorts..
    The exposure of the material (rubbing against the uniform or one side being faded by the elements) was my first thought, but I've also seen the difference in color on unissued examples. I think you are right about the embroidery method being the cause.

its ok.

?

I agree - definately good.
    Sarge

?

Thanks for the reply Sarge

Fakes often have a swastika that is too thin. This original example is typical with a nice thick swastika motif. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast