Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??

Article about: I'm looking to buy this nice Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic, but wanted to run it by the forum first to get some thoughts on authenticity, and see if there is anything you guys see with it that I

?

Default Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??

I'm looking to buy this nice Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic, but wanted to run it by the forum first to get some thoughts on authenticity, and see if there is anything you guys see with it that I don't (positive and negative).

Also, I don't often ask this, but since I cannot find a solid price comparable in my reference books or online (a similar tunic that actually SOLD), I'd like to hear what you guys think is a fair private party sale price? The seller is requesting an offer.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??

Hi Darren, not good I am afraid. The tunic itself is West German: look how the collar tabs don't fit correctly.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ouch! Wasn't expecting it to be West German. I did notice the tabs not flush with the ends of the collar, but when looking at the complete package it didn't sound any alarm bells. I've seen variations in the placement of patches and other insignia before, so I assumed there was a reason. Otherwise, the pocket cuts look good, the buttons look good, the liner looks good. Glad I posted it, saved me some money

?

It is also not a hauptmanns rank badges but is an oberleutnants rank.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

A ginned up post war tunic. We see these all the time in the US. The size markings on the pocket give it away too. NH

i was going to say Oberleutnants rank not Hauptmann also agree west german officers HBT trikot tunics are rare and also material is different as is colour etc BW stuff is the wrong colour blue i think.

mean't to say i agree west german and that Luftwaffe officers ' rocks ' in original HBT trikot material are rare

?

Hi Dzyner,
    This tunic doesn't seem right to me, especially the shape of the breast pockets and the collars. pls check out these two photos which was taken by me in the Technical Museum in Berlin.Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??Luftwaffe Captain's Tunic...Opinions??