Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe EM schirmmutze

Article about: I'm leaning towards post war as well. The leg is bent, not actually broken. Bullion insignia would have been nice, although it would have been out of my price range if it was! One day I'll u

?

Default Luftwaffe EM schirmmutze

Hi All,
    I would like to share with you my recently purchased Luftwaffe EM Visor Cap. This was one of 4 items I set out to purchase this year.

Nothing fancy about this one. Some slight mothing and a used look, but it's my first visor cap and it should display nicely.

Thanks for looking!

Luftwaffe EM schirmmutze
    Luftwaffe EM schirmmutze
    Luftwaffe EM schirmmutze
    Luftwaffe EM schirmmutze
    Luftwaffe EM schirmmutze
    Luftwaffe EM schirmmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe EM schirmmutze
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe EM Visor Cap

Very nice,i missed that one.!

?

Did you see it at the Lebanon show?

?

What happened to the eagle insignia, and whats that behind the wreath and wings

?

What do you mean what behind the wreath and wings? It looks ok to me or am i missing something?the swastica is bent for sure.I SEE a few moth nips but thats not bad.thanks dave

?

Hi Dave,
    The leg carrying the swas is broken, but no big issue for me. Also missing is the leather chin strap. Can you elaborate on what you see behind the wreath and wings other than the mothing behind the luft adler?

Like I said, this is my first visor and hopefully a stand in until I can upgrade to a better example.

?

Hi , looking at your picture no/4 which shows the side view of the wreath and wings, there appears to be another object behind or is it the other side of the wreath, Looking straight on at the adler there appears to be a shadow or possibly a worn patch above the wings, has the eagle slipped down or is this a replacement, it doesnt look like mothing as it follows the shape of the adler wings

I believe i have a spare luft chinstrap if you are interested,,,email me at boxcarbob3945@yahoo.com

?

Hi Dave,
    There sure is a shadow of a cloth insignia. I can also see faint remnants of the stitching. Nice eye! I was so excited I didn't even notice. Must have been an upgrade. Whether this was wartime or post war is left to the imagination.

As for the wreath and cockade, I believe we are only seeing the other side in that photo as a hands on inspection didn't reveal anything.

?

Its a shame about the replacement it would have looked nice with a cloth insignia, possibly post war done, i wonder if it could have been a bullion insignia?,as for the wreath im wondering if the same applies but its good to know that its the other part of the same wreath that i saw, when you say the eagles leg is broken , how is it still attached, or do you mean its just bent backwards

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast