Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.

Article about: Hello, I was trying to track down if some cuff titles I purchased back in the early 80's are legitimate or reproductions. I have a couple of Luftwaffe, the Fallschirm Division, Herman Goring

?

Default Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.

Hello,

I was trying to track down if some cuff titles I purchased back in the early 80's are legitimate or reproductions. I have a couple of Luftwaffe, the Fallschirm Division, Herman Goring, and Grossdeutshland. If you could give me your thoughts, the Molder makes me a little suspicious with the backing, but the others I think are correct. I just saw the thread about the Africa Korps cuff title and will compare to mine but if you could give me your thoughts,

Thanks, Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.   Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.  

Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.   Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.  

Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.   Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.

I wanted to post some additional close up pictures of the GD and Fallschirm cufftitles, I reviewed the thread about the Africa Korps and mine appears to be a fake. I'm still not certain about the Boelke but I'm pretty sure the Molders is bad as well, the backing just doesn't seem correct at all. However the GD and Fallschirm have me puzzled, I've reviewed every thread I could find on the board for both, this discussion in particular had good pictures of some GD cuff titles that are right and might doesn't look like them

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...y-repro-28413/

but the aging on both seem very good and correct (to my untrained eye). It's almost a velvet finish with the fabric on both. The oddities I noticed are the loop from the "o" after the Gr goes almost half way down the letter, the other's I saw pictured don't really go below 20% of the letter before going back up. On the Fallschirm, the only examples I could find were similar in fabric to the other Luftwaffe cuff titles rather than the "velvet" finish with mine, also the font used for the lettering on mine is different than what I saw on the others, but I could only find a handful to check against. With the GD there are so many variations with those that are correct and those that are fake I'm not sure if the variation with the "o" is just a different pattern or a sign it is bogus. I've attached some close-ups of each, hopefully I can salvage a bit of pride with my long ago purchases and a couple are correct, or, you know what they say about a blind sow... But if they are bad then I just want to confirm

Thanks, nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.   Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.  

I can't comment on the others but you are correct about the AK being fake. I'd like to see a better closeup of the reverse, but it looks to be a tartan weave fake.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    I can't comment on the others but you are correct about the AK being fake. I'd like to see a better closeup of the reverse, but it looks to be a tartan weave fake.
    Sure, I'll take a close up of the back tonight when I get home and post it,

thanks, nick

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Here's the close-up Jerry, it's definately the Tartan weave that Ade talks about in his sticky at the top.

Thanks, Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe, Fallschirm and Grossdeutschland cuff titles.  

Thanks Nick for taking the time to post the extra pic. As you knew already, a tartan weave fake. Bummer, I hope it was not too pricey when you bought it!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.