Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?

Article about: I have just acquired this Flak tunic. I was told it belonged to Albert Obermeyer of Volklingen. Where on the uniform do the owners usually write there names. Are there any good techniques to

?

Default Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?

I have just acquired this Flak tunic. I was told it belonged to Albert Obermeyer of Volklingen. Where on the uniform do the owners usually write there names. Are there any good techniques to see any writing?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?   Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?  

Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?   Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?  

Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?   Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?  

Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?
    P
    Many

Interesting uniform, is it a restored tunic ?
    Morris

v/nice find,have you looked in pockets.

?

Here is a photo of the eagle. It looks like a half-ass stitch job. Could I assume it is not original to the tunic?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flak Tunic....Any methods to see faded names on fabric?  

Personally I think all of the insignia has been very poorly re-added to your tunic.
    Morris

?

Thanks KM. Are the insignia original, but not to this tunic? So, it would not be a crime to remove them and restitch? What about the tunic itself.....is it legit?

The insignia look original however looks like they have been poorly restored with most differing in condition and quality, the collar tabs are very very strange, almost look washed out.
    To me the collar tabs look like the color for signals not Flak, personally way to going on with this tunic, not one i would have in my collection.
    Morris

+1 how are the shoulderboards ? I don't see red color.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

daylight/ outside pics would be interesting with this piece

Forgot your question. Have you tried to take good photos of where the faded name are located, and then try to experiemnt with different colors etc in photoshop.

It appears to be an original Feldbluse. The collar tabs were most likely artillery red but have faded very badly due to sun exposure or possibly an attempt at laundering the Bluse. One way to tell would be to lift up a corner of a collar tab or look under the rank pip to see if there is a different shade. A photo under the collar might confirm if the collar tabs are original to the Bluse. All the other insignia have been re-applied. The rank chevron is an odd color - almost like it is also faded or damaged by laundering. Same goes for the breast eagle. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast