Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe flares

Article about: I would like to find a strapon flare setup like you see in photos of Luftwaffe aircrew which have them strapped to their lower leg. Were these field-made or what and can anyone point me in t

Default Luftwaffe flares

I would like to find a strapon flare setup like you see in photos of Luftwaffe aircrew which have them strapped to their lower leg. Were these field-made or what and can anyone point me in the right direction to possibly acquire some?
    Your help is appreciated!

John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe flares
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe flares

The flares would not be field mad because of precise chemical composition to make either smoke or colored flares. The problem with looking for them today is that flare casings today with modern technology are only suppose to last 3-4 years before chemical separation will start. The flare gun and flare pistol spent rounds are still around, but finding a handheld tube flare will be rather hard. It was a fire and forget device. I will have a look around if i have time today for you.
    Morris

Default Re: Luftwaffe flares

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I'd want to get "live" flares, just the casings and the strap-on piece. Live flares would be much too dangerous to have around. I appreciate your help!

John