Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Flight Service Tunic

Article about: I found this Luftwaffe flight service tunic on the Collectors guild. The pictures aren't the greatest but I wanted to get opinions on it before I decide if I should purchase or not. I don't

Default Luftwaffe Flight Service Tunic

I found this Luftwaffe flight service tunic on the Collectors guild. The pictures aren't the greatest but I wanted to get opinions on it before I decide if I should purchase or not. I don't know much about these tunics but I've been wanting to add a Luftwaffe tunic to my collection The site states that the tunic has no visible markings in it, is that a concern or just wear? Thanks!

Luftwaffe Flight Service TunicLuftwaffe Flight Service Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flight Service Tunic
    P
    Many

The collectors guild is usually very good, the only issues i see is the wear and the missing Gulls from the collar. However you would need to post all the photos for a better assessment.
    Morris

Looks possibly tailor made....or tailor modified (upper & lower pockets)... and possibly shortened length.

Yes...more pics would help

I emailed and asked for more pictures, I'm not sure why they only posted the 2 but ill be sure to post here if they send more pictures.

Quote by chbingle View Post
    I emailed and asked for more pictures, I'm not sure why they only posted the 2 but ill be sure to post here if they send more pictures.
    I looked for it on that site & could not find the tunic. Any markings if you don't already know should be on the right side normally, opposite of a Heer tunic.

Its under the newly listed items, here's the link :

The Collector's Guild

His own description is incorrect about "Slash Scalloped bottom pockets"....or however he stated the description. Being it seems to be a woolen "whipcord" it is most likely a tailor made tunic, hence the lack of markings. Also...this one is very small 32" chest ?? That's 81.25 CM which might be the smallest tunic known.

Think he needs to make some corrections on his listing

Too many red flags? I like the look and price but now I have more questions about this tunic

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Too many red flags? I like the look and price but now I have more questions about this tunic
    Would pass on it. This model tunic is affordable & common. Find a factory issue un modified...plenty out there. Just my opinion

From the photos it appears to be a good original piece, albeit shortened at some stage, (as 'real steel' says) which was common
    with these tunics, it made them look a bit more fashionable, the missing gulls would be reasonably easy to find and replace, but
    depending on the price is whether it would be worth pursuing or not, the earlier jackets with the piping around the collar are becoming
    a bit hard to find these days, but if the price was reasonable, and without too much messing about (finding the missing gulls), it
    would display very nicely with some flight related badges and a belt/buckle....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast