Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe other ranks embroidered breast eagle ,felt style wool backing -Suspect or not ?

Article about: I bought this recently and have had some doubts as its not on the uniform type wool i usually see on these. The paper backing is very fragile and made me feel it could be real. Someone sugge

Default Luftwaffe other ranks embroidered breast eagle ,felt style wool backing -Suspect or not ?

I bought this recently and have had some doubts as its not on the uniform type wool i usually see on these. The paper backing is very fragile and made me feel it could be real. Someone suggested French manufacture ,and this was (according to the seller ) where it originated . Would appreciate comments please !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe other ranks embroidered breast eagle ,felt style wool backing -Suspect or not ?   Luftwaffe other ranks embroidered breast eagle ,felt style wool backing -Suspect or not ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe other ranks embroidered breast eagle ,felt style wool backing -Suspect or not ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe other ranks embroidered breast eagle ,felt style wool backing -Suspect or not ?

Hi, I don't like it, though it could be French made, but that is said a lot these days and is becoming a bit unbelieveable. I have never seen an eagle like this and I think it is a copy, but this is just my opinion and others may disagree.

Jerry

Default Re: Luftwaffe other ranks embroidered breast eagle ,felt style wool backing -Suspect or not ?

Sorry Rob, I don't like it. Always wary of anything on felted wool and the lack of detail to the wing feathers is suspect. Foreign made, late war, etc are always used to excuse suspect items.

Cheers, Ade.