Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?

Article about: Hi, I'm considering purchasing this set of insignia (It's particularly the eagle I want). I haven't looked at many of these, but they seems ok, are they genuine? And if so, is 60 a good pri

Default Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?

Hi, I'm considering purchasing this set of insignia (It's particularly the eagle I want). I haven't looked at many of these, but they seems ok, are they genuine? And if so, is 60 a good price for the pair in this condition? They're in a shop and I have until Friday to decide if I want them. If I can get better for cheaper I'll save my money, and buy some at a later time- I'm just checking this while I have the opportunity. All help appreciated as usual!

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01910.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	253491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01909.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	253490  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01908.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	253489  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?

Hi Mat,

Hard to judge from the pictures and I'm not an expert but the eagle has good detail correct clips and correponds to other specimens I have in my archives. Impossible to say for the shield though because there is no back picture but to have a "set" it should be of the same metal with the same type clips. I am also not sure if the glare on the red of the shield is from the camera flash or its been played with because the ones I have seen are usually mat (not glossy). The price is OK at 60: I have seen Luft Tropical helmet sets ranging from a low of 75 in Britain to as much as $500 in the US on dealer sites !

Hope this helps a bit but wait for more competent feedback

Regards

JC

One looker obviously original eagle and tri colour shield. 60 is a very good price, the eagle on it's own would be worth that or more on it's own.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i like the eagle don't know about the decal but the pins looks alight and the swas is open unlike a lot of fakes 60 rougthly the price of a fake so if it is original you got yourself a deal

tom

Thanks a lot for the swift feedback guys, I felt the eagle looked authentic, I'm glad you confirmed my thoughts. I shall go purchase it today, and post better photos once I have it. It's nice to know it's a good price, usually this kind of thing is way over-priced in antique shops.

Mat

Ok, I went back and bought the insignia today, I got them for 57 with a little student discount! They seem to match up, the shield is missing a prong but that doesn't bother me. The eagle looks nice, my first Luftwaffe example.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02041.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	253775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02042.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	253776  

Hi Mat,

They look really good and a good price. If you ever want to part with them, give a shout, as long as the price remains sensible, though I would expect you to make a profit on them which is cool and you probably won't be selling them.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I'll be holding on to these I think! I'll be sure to let you know if I come across another set though.

When I went back to buy them today, I also saw and bought a police eagle- I'd appreciate advice on this too if anyone can help! Here it is: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-co...22/#post386017

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Thanks Jerry, I'll be holding on to these I think! I'll be sure to let you know if I come across another set though.

When I went back to buy them today, I also saw and bought a police eagle- I'd appreciate advice on this too if anyone can help! Here it is: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-co...22/#post386017

Mat
    I had a look, and like you the reverse looks a bit different to the examples that I used to own, but I don't have any pics and can't remember exactly how mine looked, so sorry, but I can't help you.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Cheers for checking anyway, appreciate it.

Mat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast