Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?

Article about: Hi, I'm considering purchasing this set of insignia (It's particularly the eagle I want). I haven't looked at many of these, but they seems ok, are they genuine? And if so, is £60 a good pri

Default Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?

Hi, I'm considering purchasing this set of insignia (It's particularly the eagle I want). I haven't looked at many of these, but they seems ok, are they genuine? And if so, is £60 a good price for the pair in this condition? They're in a shop and I have until Friday to decide if I want them. If I can get better for cheaper I'll save my money, and buy some at a later time- I'm just checking this while I have the opportunity. All help appreciated as usual!

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?   Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?  

Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?

Hi Mat,

Hard to judge from the pictures and I'm not an expert but the eagle has good detail correct clips and correponds to other specimens I have in my archives. Impossible to say for the shield though because there is no back picture but to have a "set" it should be of the same metal with the same type clips. I am also not sure if the glare on the red of the shield is from the camera flash or its been played with because the ones I have seen are usually mat (not glossy). The price is OK at £60: I have seen Luft Tropical helmet sets ranging from a low of £75 in Britain to as much as $500 in the US on dealer sites !

Hope this helps a bit but wait for more competent feedback

Regards

JC

One looker obviously original eagle and tri colour shield. £60 is a very good price, the eagle on it's own would be worth that or more on it's own.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i like the eagle don't know about the decal but the pins looks alight and the swas is open unlike a lot of fakes £60 rougthly the price of a fake so if it is original you got yourself a deal

tom

Thanks a lot for the swift feedback guys, I felt the eagle looked authentic, I'm glad you confirmed my thoughts. I shall go purchase it today, and post better photos once I have it. It's nice to know it's a good price, usually this kind of thing is way over-priced in antique shops.

Mat

Ok, I went back and bought the insignia today, I got them for £57 with a little student discount! They seem to match up, the shield is missing a prong but that doesn't bother me. The eagle looks nice, my first Luftwaffe example.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?   Luftwaffe tropenhelm insignia- genuine?  

Hi Mat,

They look really good and a good price. If you ever want to part with them, give a shout, as long as the price remains sensible, though I would expect you to make a profit on them which is cool and you probably won't be selling them.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, I'll be holding on to these I think! I'll be sure to let you know if I come across another set though.

When I went back to buy them today, I also saw and bought a police eagle- I'd appreciate advice on this too if anyone can help! Here it is: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...22/#post386017

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Thanks Jerry, I'll be holding on to these I think! I'll be sure to let you know if I come across another set though.

When I went back to buy them today, I also saw and bought a police eagle- I'd appreciate advice on this too if anyone can help! Here it is: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...22/#post386017

Mat
    I had a look, and like you the reverse looks a bit different to the examples that I used to own, but I don't have any pics and can't remember exactly how mine looked, so sorry, but I can't help you.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Cheers for checking anyway, appreciate it.

Mat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast