Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs

Article about: Does anyone have any period photos with a tunic like this being used? I can't seem to find any. The tunic is from John Telesmanich at German War Booty

Default Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs

Does anyone have any period photos with a tunic like this being used? I can't seem to find any.

The tunic is from John Telesmanich at German War Booty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs   Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs  

Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tunic with concentration camp guard tabs
    P
    Many

?

hi
    a link about the collar tabs

The Collector's Guild

@+, hughes

As worn by Luftwaffe Personnel on temporary duty guarding concentration camp prisoners. In late 1944, 10,000 older/aged Luftwaffe men were assigned to camps in order to free up younger SS Men for combat duty...It's also well-known that the Luftwaffe was involved in medical experiments using inmates as guinea pigs...High Altitude Experiments, Ice Water Immersion, etc...The Luftwaffe was well-involved in the camp system...

cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-28-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Do any of you see any problems with this tunic? This will be my first tunic.

I have seen this tunic before and I may well have commented on it in the past.

The tunic and insignia are original.

Period photos of this tab in wear are very rare. I know some are shown on the forum but on Heer tunics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

would you consider them a matched pair, or a put together tunic?

I notice the lack of shoulderboards and the fact that John himself states that the eagle appears re-applied...
    I speculate that this Luftwaffe Tunic was initially altered for postwar civilian wear by removing the shoulderboards, and that the insignia has been re-applied...I look forward to other opinions, of course...
    Btw, I know the seller to be an absolutely honest, knowledgeable and reliable gentleman!
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-28-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks for the help everyone. German collecting is a minefield. I'm excited to get the tunic, now I just need to find a mannequin to display it.

Here's is a link to the thread Ade spoke of. After further knowledge gained, and speaking to someone who has had this in hand, it is of my opinion this is a original Luftwaffe tunic with original insignia that were combined together post-war, even the tabs.
    I spoke with John as well, and his opinion is pretty much the same as mine. I decided not to buy it as it is restored and it would be cheaper to create one yourself, but it's not a horrible deal either.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...signia-228004/

I agree if original state would be very rare I have only seen one photo of Luft personnel guarding around a camp' and I don't remember where been a number of years ago and then read they were involved with KZ which I didn't know I only thought of them in POW camps guarding allied airmen. I like it anyway and would have no problem with it. timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast