Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Tunic out of the woodwork

Article about: Hi, I most recently picked up a couple Tunics out of a Vets estate auction and would like to post them and raise any thoughts, opinions and observations. This, what I believe, a Luftwaffe Tu

?

Default Luftwaffe Tunic out of the woodwork

Hi, I most recently picked up a couple Tunics out of a Vets estate auction and would like to post them and raise any thoughts, opinions and observations. This, what I believe, a Luftwaffe Tunic and a M40 Infantry Tunic (along with pants)(will be in another separate post), seems to be beaten up by the moths, and cob webs from being in an attic or basement for a long time. I am not too familiar with Luftwaffe tunics and styles and would like to field a few, thoughts, observations and opinions as to knowledge, style, rank and branch of the Luftwaffe.
    And any thoughts as to if I should repair or restore anything... or leave as it is?
    Thank you...

Luftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodworkLuftwaffe Tunic out of the woodwork

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Tunic out of the woodwork
    P
    Many

?

The adler has been resewn but it appears to be a good jacket.

?

Thanks Steve! What Unit, Branch, Rank..etc would you think would wear this type of Tunic? The slit pockets are on the sides... and the buttons are hidden, when buttoned up? Would the Green collar tab denote Luftwaffe Universal color? Paratrooper? Radar? And the "red" on the shoulder boards mean "Anti-Aircraft"? Artillery? Would the rank be an Oberst? Staff Officer?

The collar patches and shoulder boards are for an official [Beamter] of the high-grade career group [höherer Dienst] with a rank equivalent to Colonel [Oberst].

(The actual rank designation depends on the occupational specialty/career field.)

Dark green as used on the collar patches and lower shoulder board underlay was the branch color for officials; red is the secondary color [Nebenfarbe] used for the general administrative service, construction administrative service, operational administrative service, agricultural service, geographical survey service, machine- and electro-technical service and craftsmen's service at clothing depots.

Looks like they may have had some extra ribbon bars
    and attached them to the tunic.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Interesting.. Thanks

The three individual ribbon bars on top are added and do not belong with the tunic. The owner would never have worn both a WWI and WW2 2nd class Iron Cross ribbon and the Ostmedaile would have been worn at the other end. They all would have been on one bar.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.