Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?

Article about: Hey guys this seems to look ok just want a second opinion please Thanks

Default Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?

Hey guys this seems to look ok just want a second opinion please
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?  Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?  Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?  Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?  Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?  Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?  Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?  Luftwaffe tunic what do you think? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe tunic what do you think?

Hi Glenn, this one is interesting. Not sure what you know about it?

It purports to be a tunic issued to a member of the "Hermann Goring" Division. I would love it to be real as I am fond of this unit, however there are several issues with it.

First, is it Feldgrau or Blue? The photos look grey in some pics but blue in others? I think the grey areas are actually faded out looking at it again?

Problems:

NCO's Tresse to the collar is Heer pattern and applied much too far from the edge of the collar.
    White piping to the collar. Not usually applied to this Heer pattern of tunic which was for combat field wear.
    Looks like it once had yellow flight/Fallschirmjager collar tabs. "HG" tabs were white or branch coloured. But there are the odd strands of white cotton here and there.
    Ink markings: if that is supposed to be an RB number it is wrong. The 3 and 48 are also odd.
    Material used for the lining is very odd.
    Looks like the or a breast eagle was once glued in place. This is not usual.

Any evidence of a cuff title?

Having said all of this I would like to see it in hand.

Cheers, Ade.

ok so there is a chance it could be original, i have just asked the seller what colour it is to be certain and also if it at any time had a cuff title.
    Thanks alot Ade!!!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Glenn, this one is interesting. Not sure what you know about it?

It purports to be a tunic issued to a member of the "Hermann Goring" Division. I would love it to be real as I am fond of this unit, however there are several issues with it.

First, is it Feldgrau or Blue? The photos look grey in some pics but blue in others? I think the grey areas are actually faded out looking at it again?

Problems:

NCO's Tresse to the collar is Heer pattern and applied much too far from the edge of the collar.
    White piping to the collar. Not usually applied to this Heer pattern of tunic which was for combat field wear.
    Looks like it once had yellow flight/Fallschirmjager collar tabs. "HG" tabs were white or branch coloured. But there are the odd strands of white cotton here and there.
    Ink markings: if that is supposed to be an RB number it is wrong. The 3 and 48 are also odd.
    Material used for the lining is very odd.
    Looks like the or a breast eagle was once glued in place. This is not usual.

Any evidence of a cuff title?

Having said all of this I would like to see it in hand.

Cheers, Ade.
    ok i have got some more info from the seller, he says it is grey and there is some evidence of some strands on cotton where there may have been a cuff title but he will give me the pics tomorrow also he says there is a word stamped on the back of the buttons which says 'extra a fein' or something, i wasn't quite sure what he was trying to say =D
    Hope this helps

That all sounds fine.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    That all sounds fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    So you believe it is all original?
    Thank you very much for your time!

It is worth taking a chance on. PM me on what you intend paying.

Cheers, Ade.