Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Feldbluse for your consideration

Article about: I have had ths M40 Feldbluse offered to me and I would like to offer it up for consideration I have been told that the insignia is original to the tunic it also has a combat assault badge th

?

Default M40 Feldbluse for your consideration

I have had ths M40 Feldbluse offered to me and I would like to offer it up for consideration I have been told that the insignia is original to the tunic it also has a combat assault badge that was applied and sewn to the Tunic period as was told to me the clasp appears to be broke .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Feldbluse for your consideration   M40 Feldbluse for your consideration  

M40 Feldbluse for your consideration   M40 Feldbluse for your consideration  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Feldbluse for your consideration
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 Feldbluse for your consideration

I like it Mark! Where do you find this stuff? hehe

?

I like it to Mike but we shall wait to see what everybody thinks of it .This feldbluse comes from a collector I have been dealing with out of Germany since I started collecting TR

Regards Mark k

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I like it to Mike but we shall wait to see what everybody thinks of it .This feldbluse comes from a collector I have been dealing with out of Germany since I started collecting TR

Regards Mark k

?

Nice, original tunic.

It is stuning peice, it instersting to see the IAB attached like that. Wonder what Jphil and ade think of that.

Hi Guys, the tunic is original. As always it is best to closely inspect the insignia for any re-application.

The badge: I have seen many tunics with them stitched in place before. I would check if the sewn loops are present behind the badge in which it would have originally sat. Also check for wear to the wool around the badge to see if it was originally present on the tunic, as the wool should obviously be in better condition if protected by the badge. Adding a badge post war does not detract too much, as it is easy to remove.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Adrian that makes perfect sense if I may ask besides using a black light to help to determine if the thread that was used on the insignia is of period and to look for shadowing and or wear or there the lack of (tell tale sighn of re-application) around badges and insignia was there a certain sewing pattern that was used in depot to apply insignia I know this question is very broad and may be hard if not impossible to answer . I have seen quite a few tunics as well as headgear that the insignia was attached using different methods. Such as a zig-zag pattern stitching to some breast eagle and other insignia on headgear and not on others they seemed to be applied using a straight regular stitching method.And are all Litzen applied in the same method machine stitched top and bottom and hand stitched at the ends ? Or should they be machine stitched as well on the ends of the Litzen.

Regards Mark K

Hi Mark, you have got it covered.

Insignia was applied by the makers and not at the depot. Machine or hand applied can be fine. I have never studied to that depth to know different (possible) makers traits.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank you for looking at this feldbluse and for your comments Adrian as they are most helpfull and instructive .

Regards Mark K