Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!

Article about: by Jerry B The GBJ patch is in the correct area, it is not a speciality patch as such, more a GBJ distinction and they are worn on the upper right arm. Thanks for the reply Jerry

Default M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!

Hello everyone,

I have the chance to buy an M41 tunic and would like to hear your opinions about it first. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks in advance

Ben

M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M41 mountain trooper tunic - opinions please!
    P
    Many

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

I am skeptical to say the least!! All original insignia but it appears to be newly sewn on. It is not set into the wool of the tunic. There is no depot acceptance number under the sizing and this is an issue tunic!!! The eagle was removed from something else and reapplied here. My thought is that it was a factory unissued tunic and somebody rebadged it the way they wanted to.

Fred

?

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or has that Heer bevo breast eagle being sewn right over another breast eagle there would appear to be a grey backing or material of some sort in image five at the ends of the wings and the left wing tip .

Regards Mark K

I was wondering that myself, Mark! Tunic itself looks nice, but the insignia is almost certainly not period applied.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I agree with you and Fred a 100% William not period applied that M-36 breast eagle looks to me to have been tunic removed and reapplied as does the other insignia but I still think there is something underneath almost looks mouse grey in color .

Regards Mark K

Has the blitz patch been placed on the correct spot? I thought specialty patches were placed above the cuff area.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Insignia & acceptance mark comments aside, there is not a wear mark or sweat stain or moth nip to be found!
    Man, I wish my jackets after a few wears looked as pristine as this "70yr old" piece!
    It would have needed to be hermetically sealed for more than half a century to look this good today, surely?

Looks a lot like a STURM repro I have.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The grey behind the eagle is the backing fabric for the eagle. looks more like an m40 eagle to me, though the colours look very washed out on these pictures.

The GBJ patch is in the correct area, it is not a speciality patch as such, more a GBJ distinction and they are worn on the upper right arm.

Have to agree that everything looks newly applied and the tunic looks almost too mint, though that can happen, but not one I would feel comfortable owning.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Jerry I thought it looked a little odd and I stand corrected on the type of eagle .

Regards Mark K

As I mentioned Mark, the colours look a bit odd in the pics, so it might be a m39, blue grey on green, or m40 blue grey on feldgrau, I don't think it is a m36 white on green, but it might be just the pics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast