Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43 Heer tunic

Article about: ...to this M43 gebirgsjaeger tunic,its an auction right now. Happy new year to you and your families

Default M43 Heer tunic

...to this M43 gebirgsjaeger tunic,its an auction right now.
    Happy new year to you and your families
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Heer tunic   M43 Heer tunic  

M43 Heer tunic   M43 Heer tunic  

M43 Heer tunic   M43 Heer tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Heer tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: M43 Heer tunic

I don't know whether you're asking for advice before buying it or if you've bought that already!Judging by the pictures (quite small on my Iphone) it looks like a nice,un-touched M43 made of rough recycled wool....the swz is still hidden as required in Germany and Austria so I guess you ain't bought that already.
    The arm patch indicates that this tunic is for a Jager within a Light Infantry Division.Although Jagers weren't (Gebirgs)Jaeger in the strict meaning of the term a certain amount of pride was felt by the soldiers when wearing the Jaeger arm badge,due to their kinship to the regular Mountain Troops that were held in high esteem by the military and civilians alike.The Jaeger units fought gallantly especially on the Eastern Front and defending the Homeland.
    Can't tell whether the patch is a good one and/or original to the tunic but the latter looks ok from the pics!
    Cheers
    Manny

Thanks Manny
    Its mear mint condition is that worries me you know.Its still on ebay de

Quote by siton1111 View Post
    Thanks Manny
    Its mear mint condition is that worries me you know.Its still on ebay de
    You're welcome!I only can see very small pictures but it looks OK from a few details,even if a near-mint,un-messed with tunic on eBaycan be considereda "rare bird" these days!Never say never though...for I've seen,and got great deals off eBay,even recently!
    Cheers
    Manny

Sold for 515.00 euros!
    I think it was a very nice piece too.What is amazing about that is that the eagle had its tinny zigzag stiching which is almost impossible to make these days in a restoration process.According to my lady taylor that is.Here in Greece,taylors have a special word for this kind of stiching,the word is "KARIKOMA" and it applies when you deal with something frayed in the edges.Anyway Manny thanks for your interest...
    Notis