Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M44 pattern Panzer Grenadier EM's shoulder straps

Article about: Greetings, could I get some feedback on these shoulder boards in regards to originality? The stitching appears to form a slightly different pattern than what i've seen on other examples.

Default M44 pattern Panzer Grenadier EM's shoulder straps

Greetings, could I get some feedback on these shoulder boards in regards to originality? The stitching appears to form a slightly different pattern than what i've seen on other examples.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M44 pattern Panzer Grenadier EM's shoulder straps
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Not a real pair but both are original and can make a pair anyway
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello,

Two very nice original Pzg M44 shoulder boards. They can be used as a pair. The coloration difference is only slight.

Fred

Thanks for the help fellas. Much appreciated. I'm not a big shoulder board/strap collector but i'm a sucker for any insignia with colors that stand out.

Nice to see another pair Thank you! these are hand made and I reckon you'd be pretty dammed lucky to get a perfect match!! Didn't know these are a 44 patt?!?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-06-2019 at 03:39 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice to see another pair Thank you! these are hand made and I reckon you'd be pretty dammed lucky to get a perfect match!! Didn't know these are a 44 patt?!?
    I'm not sure what they are, that's what the listing said but I doubled checked out other straps listed as M44's & there is definitely a difference between ours & the others. So, I take it that straps like these are hard to find? I'm not a big collector of boards/straps so i'm not very familiar with that area of collecting

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    I'm not sure what they are, that's what the listing said but I doubled checked out other straps listed as M44's & there is definitely a difference between ours & the others. So, I take it that straps like these are hard to find? I'm not a big collector of boards/straps so i'm not very familiar with that area of collecting
    I'd say not common as these you show are the only other pair I've seen here.

?

Not Pz.Gren., but my pair are not a perfect visual ‘match’ either...
    These were churned out by several machinists and bundled up together.
    A soldier was issued ‘two’!
    ‘Nicely matching pair’ didn’t come into it.

If you have two, you have a pair.

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M44 pattern Panzer Grenadier EM's shoulder straps  
    Last edited by Kohima; 11-06-2019 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Numpty forgot the photo.

Hello,
    Concerning the rarity of the M44s shoulderstraps, there are two cases :

1) Panzergrenadier and Signals shoulderstraps were found in huge lots some years ago, all unissued, a lot of them were mistmached and pairs were made in order to sell them...All militaria dealers on the planet used to have at least one pair for sale. So until very recently, they were not rare and could be easily found. It still is the case i guess...

2) all others Waffenfarben are quite rare.

Anyway, The rarest M44s shoulderstraps are not the ones without lining, like the examples shown in this thread, the rarest do have a lined back, but the wool tongue has been replaced by a simple piece of grey cloth

Below, you can see four Waffenfarben : Motorized/mechanized Infantry, Signals, Infantry and Artillery (they're all pairs)
    I used to own Panzerjäger examples, but sold them...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Hello,
    I posted this photo before if i remember well, but as it fits the thread, why not posting it again....!?
    This photo shows different shades of the grass green color used for motorized/mechanized infantry, aka Panzegrenadier
    And they're all unissued M44s and have never been exposed to the sun...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast