Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Marine-Küsten-Polizei Gorget Real?

Article about: I know that this type of gorget existed. My question is, is this an original one? Its rather rare as most gorget types had a chain and some sort of eagle/swastica combo. This has neither. Th

Default Is this Marine-Küsten-Polizei Gorget Real?

I know that this type of gorget existed. My question is, is this an original one?

Its rather rare as most gorget types had a chain and some sort of eagle/swastica combo. This has neither.

The pin went through the lapel holes on naval style uniforms. In the start of the war they wore Wasserschutzpolizei type uniforms. Later they wore Kriegsmarine style uniforms with a cufftitle to match the gorget.

-Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Marine-Küsten-Polizei Gorget Real?   Is this Marine-Küsten-Polizei Gorget Real?  

Is this Marine-Küsten-Polizei Gorget Real?   Is this Marine-Küsten-Polizei Gorget Real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Marine-Küsten-Polizei Gorget Real?
    P
    Many

Default re: Is this Marine-Küsten-Polizei Gorget Real?

40 views and not one opinion. Is it that no one has seen this before or doesn't know how to authenticate it? This item is in the Osprey book among others, I just don't know how to prove if its real.

-Martin

Mister EJK
    ?

Hello,

Looks quite authentic : see here : Marine-Küsten-polizei

Ed

Quote by Mister EJK View Post
    Hello,

Looks quite authentic : see here : Marine-Küsten-polizei

Ed
    Hard to tell with that black and white photo. Looks like someone scanned the Osprey book. It a big ticket item for me so I want to be sure.