Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

medical Oberst

Article about: Hi I love combat tunics, but ussually they are not named. I have a weakness for named tunics. I preferr pioneer uniforms, but I could not resist this medical tunic. regards Juan

Default medical Oberst

Hi

I love combat tunics, but ussually they are not named. I have a weakness for named tunics. I preferr pioneer uniforms, but I could not resist this medical tunic.

regards

Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medical Oberst   medical Oberst  

medical Oberst   medical Oberst  

medical Oberst   medical Oberst  

medical Oberst  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement medical Oberst
    P
    Many

pjm
    ?

Default Re: medical Oberst

I used to own this tunic. It was purchased in Germany in the late 80's or early 90's - possibly (probably) at the miltaria show in Gunzenhausen. I sold it a few years ago. Amazing how things turn up.

Thumbs up Re: medical Oberst

Hi Jcsanche

That's a nice looking tunic you got there. I'am still looking for a nice medical schirmmutze myself, it has been on my wanted list for quite some time now...

Greetz

Nick VR

Quote by pjm View Post
    I used to own this tunic. It was purchased in Germany in the late 80's or early 90's - possibly (probably) at the miltaria show in Gunzenhausen. I sold it a few years ago. Amazing how things turn up.
    It is really a small world. I bought it from a collector in Ohio. The tunic is in great shape. I bought the visor cap at a SOS show many years before I bought the tunic. They look nice together.

regards

Juan

pjm
    ?

Did you buy from Paul Z?

Quote by pjm View Post
    Did you buy from Paul Z?

Yes, Paul is a great guy

Juan

pjm
    ?

Excellent...I sold it to him ...with regrets, of course - I hate to part with anything. It's a beautiful tunic but now I can sleep at night knowing it has found a good home.

?

That tunic is a work of art! I hope that you end up keeping this one!

Hi Paul

Please do not worry, it is a keeper!!!. I won't sell this one.

thanks

Juan

Hi Juan,

Waw, a real stunning Tunic, I love the condition and quality!

I've some information of the original owner for you. He served into the 57. ID.

It belongs to Oberstfeldarzt Dr. Hörmann who was promoted on 12. Mai 1941 (12.05.41) as Korpsarzt of the 57. Infanty-Division. (Korpsarzt = chief of the medics on divisional level)

On the label is Hörmann written as Höermann but “ö” notation can also be written as “oe” and the dots can be a mistake of the Taylor… (these mistakes were not uncommon, and I’ve seen these mistakes often, and after all, should you care if someone put your name somewhat wrong in the inner site of your jacket?

I think this was his (so called) “Heimatsjacke”, the jacket he worn if he was off duty in Germany. The reason because why is that the jacket is in a very good shape, with almost no wearing, but it’s a really beautiful jacket and I should also be proud to own it.

I hope you appreciate the info and wishes you many fun with it, and please if you put in on display, be aware you put a cover over it if you arn't looking at it, so it's protected agains dust, flydirt, direct UV-light and other trouble!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast