Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Metal and cloth Edelweiss, and Heer breast eagle. What can you tell me?

Article about: I bought these items with an Ike jacket last week and thought I would post them to get some thoughts, and of course show them off. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, especially on th

Default Metal and cloth Edelweiss, and Heer breast eagle. What can you tell me?

I bought these items with an Ike jacket last week and thought I would post them to get some thoughts, and of course show them off. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, especially on the breast eagle. I have never seen one bordered by the bullion type thread, although admittedly I haven't payed much attention. Thanks as always!

Metal and cloth Edelweiss, and Heer breast eagle. What can you tell me? Metal and cloth Edelweiss, and Heer breast eagle. What can you tell me?

Metal and cloth Edelweiss, and Heer breast eagle. What can you tell me? Metal and cloth Edelweiss, and Heer breast eagle. What can you tell me?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Metal and cloth Edelweiss, and Heer breast eagle. What can you tell me?
    P
    Many

?

Your Edelweiss patch and cap badge are period originals, the eagle.....I'm having trouble with,I don't particularly like it, but wait for other opinions!

I agree with Newbie, the Edelweiss are nice originals, the metal cap badge being a Gustav Brehmer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Anyone have any further thoughts on the eagle?

?

Where are my manners, thanks Woolgar,I should have mentioned the maker as Gustav Brehmer, lol... :-)

Thanks to both of you for your help. I was very impressed that my camera captured the makers mark so well. I had not looked through a loop, so here was the first place I saw it clearly.

I think the shiny stuff on the eagle was added later as a novelty or something and without it the eagle stands a good chance. I think it's a "customized original" or something like that.