Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Model 36 Feldbluse modified

Article about: Hello all, I show you a new jacket, this is a Model 36 tunic modified in period, good size, with restored insignias ... Opinion are Welcome ! :top: thanks Sebastien.

Default Model 36 Feldbluse modified

Hello all,

I show you a new jacket, this is a Model 36 tunic modified in period, good size, with restored insignias ...
    Opinion are Welcome ! :top:
    thanks
    Sebastien.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Model 36 Feldbluse modified
    P
    Many

Default re: Model 36 Feldbluse modified

Hello Sebastien,
    This Feldbluse would have a lot to tell if it could speak....it is not a M36 but rather a M41, due to the six buttons of the front closure (with a replaced dark green collar). Sew-in shoulderstraps, padding of the shoulder, removal of the front eyelets for the belt hooks and removal of the field dressings pockets may indicate a tailoring for a walking-out Feldbluse. It received massive modifications....odd they used a standard collar instead of the officer/Waffenrock one with two closure hooks....

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Imho, the M 36 but totally re-tailored, look at the color- this is typycal M 36 bluish-feldgrau, underneath of the button holes and button tab can be seen later type of wool (M 40 by color), and in that way the 6-th button hole could be attached later or a buttonholes is totally re-done.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

You may be right Dimas, i watched the pics too quickly and missed some details, but be careful with stereotypes associating wool/color of wool to a period, things are not so simple sometimes, and i've already seen genuine M36 tunics made of middle quality grey green wools, and M43 tunics made of the finest Feldgrau wools...this one received some serious retailoring.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    You may be right Dimas, i watched the pics too quickly and missed some details, but be careful with stereotypes associating wool/color of wool to a period, things are not so simple sometimes, and i've already seen genuine M36 tunics made of middle quality grey green wools, and M43 tunics made of the finest Feldgrau wools...this one received some serious retailoring.
    I agree with you! There was a tunics made from a cloth which was on the factory stocks
    As I've seen the latest war tunics and overcoats examples made of a throusers cloth-Steingrau.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Many thanks for your knowledge Gent !

I am not a great tunic expert, 36 or 41...it's the same model for me...ok the 42 is different of course, with a other color tab and style....

other detail :

?

Stitching looks to me as a WHW , probably the tunic was redone with other tunics too
    Regards,
    Dimas

Default Re: Model 36 Feldbluse modified

Stitching looks to me as a WHW , probably the tunic was redone with other tunics too
    redone in period Dimas ?

thanks
    Sebastien.

?

WHW is 1942 year made tunics for heer and volunteers from the uniforms from the Holland, Czech etc, also there was a limited quantity of Reichswer and ww1 uniforms, and probably worn M36 tunics as well. For sure your is period done
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Dimas, WHW means tunics in 1942 made form Dutch and Czech cloth? what do the letters stand for?

How to tell this cloth from regular german wool? -Photos/pics I've seen look the same! Any photos to help, or is it the typoe of cloth weave etc?
    Italian wool was also used? Later date?

I guess a true un altered M41 should have feldgrau collar so this was added when re-tailored. Often dress collars were used for these mods?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast