Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My First skull- Early Panzer Collar Totenkopf

Article about: I am pretty chuffed with this skull! An Early Variation of the Panzer Collar tab Totenkopf as revealed by what i assume is Tombak underneath its silver wash. A lot of the silverwash remains

?

Default My First skull- Early Panzer Collar Totenkopf

I am pretty chuffed with this skull!

An Early Variation of the Panzer Collar tab Totenkopf as revealed by what i assume is Tombak underneath its silver wash. A lot of the silverwash remains on the skull regardless. Unlike the later examples made with zinc. The only downside to this skull is the prongs are facing directly backwards and not folded behind the skull. I do not wish to move them for fear of them snapping. I wish too make a panzer militaria related display in the future!

I can not take credit however for determining this skull was a good one in the first place. Aldo helped me and explained to me the variations of the skulls and showed me his excellent skull threads as reference, Which is something i say everyone should go check out

Enjoy the photos, i just had to include a messing about photo with the skull on my model panther G tank!

My First skull- Early Panzer Collar TotenkopfMy First skull- Early Panzer Collar TotenkopfMy First skull- Early Panzer Collar TotenkopfMy First skull- Early Panzer Collar Totenkopf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First skull- Early Panzer Collar Totenkopf
    P
    Many

?

JB that skull is sweet ! It looks even better than when I first saw the pictures. These early panzer skulls really do resemble the early traditions and Danziger skulls in quality and material. I am sure you will now be officially hooked. I know what you mean about the prongs being inconvenient but resist all temptation to move them. I did that on a pair of early Spanish cavalry prongs and it snapped off after being in place for over 90 years. Congratulations and welcome to the skull addiction club. Regards, Al

?

Thanks Aldo! The prongs shall remain as they are.

Next on my list is the late war version. Be a nice contrast to have in my future skull collection!
    I suppose after that there will be more types to get!

This how the addiction begins isn’t it, oh well being part of the skull addiction club seems pretty cool....

A very nice skull Jb, congratulations! And well done Aldo for discovering it! If anything, the straight prongs will make it easier to display on a shelf without having to prop it up on anything.

B.B.