Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

My Heer Waffenrock Collection

Article about: by don_kihotis7 Excellent tunics. Thank you, Don. Mark

?

Thank you all for the positive comments...they are much appreciated.

I apologize for my lack of posting additional pics. I will make a concentrated effort to get more detailed pictures of my waffenrock collection posted by this Tuesday.

I'm hoping the pics will be worth the wait.

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Heer Waffenrock Collection
    P
    Many

Mark,

as you know I am a huge fan of your collection of Waffenrocks when you posted them on the WAF. I am absolutely in love with that Recon set and do you still have that killer Jager waffenrock in light green? Make sure you put me down as the next owner of that recon set Matt

?

Quote by afrikasandman View Post
    Mark,

as you know I am a huge fan of your collection of Waffenrocks when you posted them on the WAF. I am absolutely in love with that Recon set and do you still have that killer Jager waffenrock in light green? Make sure you put me down as the next owner of that recon set Matt
    Matt,

On Tuesday, I will post a few pics of my copper brown piped waffenrock and the matching piped trousers. I don't foresee this ensemble leaving my collection but if it does, I have you as the next owner. I will also post a few pics of my jager waffenrock.

These are two of the toughest waffenfarbe to find on a heer waffenrock and both landed in my collection within a month. I went years trying to find these rocks without success and then they suddenly arrive. Funny how these treasures seem to show up.

Mark

Quote by MLH13 View Post
    Matt,

On Tuesday, I will post a few pics of my copper brown piped waffenrock and the matching piped trousers. I don't foresee this ensemble leaving my collection but if it does, I have you as the next owner. I will also post a few pics of my jager waffenrock.

These are two of the toughest waffenfarbe to find on a heer waffenrock and both landed in my collection within a month. I went years trying to find these rocks without success and then they suddenly arrive. Funny how these treasures seem to show up.

Mark
    Mark,

It seems like that is how it goes. Also put me down for your Jäger one as well. I do love both of those waffenrocks, they are just visually stunning. Matt

?

Default General Staff Waffenrock of Friedrich Mil Sixt

All,

I appreciate your patience while I'm finally getting around to posting more pictures of my collection.

Attached is a brief bio of General Lieutenant Friedrich Mil Sixt, and a few pictures of his waffenrock I have in my collection.

A few years ago I was fortunate to purchase Friedrich Sixt's General Staff Waffenrock which is named to him when he held the rank of Major.

Even though everything to this ensemble is original from the TR period, only the waffenrock itself belonged to Friedrich Sixt.

I hope you enjoy this short history lesson of a man by all accounts, was a superb leader, a great tactician, and a soldier's general.

Mark

BIO:

Friedrich Mil Sixt was born 28 October 1895, in Munich, Germany.

On 3 August 1914, he joined the Royal Bavarian Army as a cadet. Upon his graduation, he was assigned to the 6th Royal Bavarian Field Artillery Regiment "Prince Ferdinand of Bourbon, Duke of Calabria."

On 24 February 1915, Freidrich Sixt promoted to lieutenant and spent the remainder of WWI as an artillery officer. During the war he received the EK2, EK1, Wound Badge in Black, and the Bavarian Military Merit Order 4th Class with Swords.

In the spring of 1920, Friedrich Sixt joined the Reichswehr and assumed command of the 7th Bavarian Artillery Regiment.

On 1 October 1926, Friedrich Sixt completed his two-year training as a General Staff Officer Course and was assigned to the headquarters of the 7th Division of the army in Munich.

On 1 July 1928, Friedrich Sixt was promoted to captain and in the autumn of 1929 he was assigned to the 9th Battery of the 6th Prussian Artillery Regiment.

In the spring of 1930, he was assigned to the General Staff of the 7th Division of the army in Munich and in 1933/1934, he promoted to Major.

On 1 August 1937, Friedrich Sixt was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and on 1 April 1938, he was transferred to the General Staff (i.G.) of the Army in the second Department of the Quartermaster-General III (O Qu III).

On 1 February 1940 he was promoted to Colonel i.G..

On 20 April 1940 he was appointed Chief of the General Staff of the General Command XLIV. Army Corps. In this position in May 1940, he participated in the western campaign.

In June 1941, Friedrich Sixt fought in Russia where on 18 May 1942, he was awarded the German Cross in Gold.

On 1 June 1942, he was promoted to Major General and shortly thereafter he was appointed Chief of General Staff of the 17th Appointed Army.

On 1 June 1943, Friedrich Sixt was promoted to Lieutenant General and on 29 June 1943, he was appointed Commander of the 50th Infantry Division. For his leadership, he was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 17 December 1943.

On 1 May 1944, he was severely wounded by a shell splinter in the Crimea, and his recovery took several months.

On 1 November 1944, Friedrich Sixt was appointed Commander of the 5th Jager Division.

On 11 March 1945, he awarded the Oak Leaves to the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.

On 19 April 1945, Friedrich Sixt took command of CI. Army Corps in the defense of Berlin and was later captured by the British near the Elbe River.

On 4 August 1976, Friedrich Sixt died in Icking in the ISAR Valley.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Heer Waffenrock Collection   My Heer Waffenrock Collection  

My Heer Waffenrock Collection   My Heer Waffenrock Collection  

Last edited by MLH13; 09-17-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Update bio with correct information

Very nice collection! Just amazing!

?

Quote by General View Post
    Very nice collection! Just amazing!
    General.... thank you!

Below are a few pictures of my Jager NCO Waffenrock with rare light/grass green waffenfarbe.

This tunic is as mint as they come but unfortunately someone removed the owner's label from the interior pocket. It would have been extra special if the rock still had the owner's name and unit in it.

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Heer Waffenrock Collection   My Heer Waffenrock Collection  

Attached Images Attached Images My Heer Waffenrock Collection  My Heer Waffenrock Collection 

?

Here are a few pictures of my NCO Motorized Reconnaissance Waffenrock with trousers piped in one of the rarest waffenfarbe, copper brown.

The copper brown color was authorized only for Reconnaissance Battalions in July 1939. At the same time the army was undergoing its rapid expansion in preparation for war. With the reorganization of the cavalry and Panzer units in July 1938, most army reconnaissance units were already authorized to wear the golden yellow waffenfarbe. The brown waffenfarbe was then restricted to Motor Cycle Battalions and with the outbreak of war on 1 September 1939, you can see why this waffenrock with its copper brown piping is so rare. What is probably more rare than the tunic itself, is the copper brown piped stone gray trousers that accompanied this ensemble when I purchased it.

It is interesting to note, the interior lining of both sleeves has a stamp which reads, 'Stadttheater Giessen.' It would appear that for many years this rare tunic and trousers was the property of the Theater Company in Giessen, Germany before it reached the open market.

Like the Jager Waffenrock, this tunic and trousers are absolutely mint. All I need now is a minty visor to go with it.

Mark

Attached Images Attached Images My Heer Waffenrock Collection 
    Last edited by MLH13; 09-17-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Excellent tunics.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Excellent tunics.
    Thank you, Don.

Mark

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast