Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question

Article about: Have you got pics of the GAB & IAB yet? Fischer could be right about the IAB,a four vein SHuCo. Stewy S

Default Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question

Hello,
    My grandfather fought in the 8th infantry division during ww2. He brought back some things after his service which my family has kept over the years. I am interesting in finding out more about the items he brought back. I would really appreciate any help that you could give me. First there are parts of a German uniform and a patch with German writing on it. I am wondering if anyone can determine what type of uniform these came from. On the next photo I have some badges. I have found information on the 2 assault badges, but am curious what the third badge is. Thanks so much for your help,
    Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question   Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question

Hi there,closer pics of the badges & their reverses & we should be able to tell you the makers. Stewy S

I think the patch has to do with some kind of Photography service.

I have seen photographs stamped with...Werkfoto - Kelheimer Zellwolle

I'm not sure what it means.

Best Regards, fischer

The IAB looks to be a ShuCo variant.

As stewy stated, reverse pics will tell more.

The small RSD pin is for "Reichszolldienst" or Reichs Custom Service.

It is attached to the shoulder boards and come in pairs.

Wow. Thanks for responding. I will get another picture of the badges from the other side and post them. So,"Reich Custom Service", does that refer to the job of the person with the badge? Sorry if this sounds silly. I am new to this. Also, I guess the uniform pieces that I have are from the shoulder boards of a Nazi uniform. Would they have been on a standard Infantry uniform?

The shoulder straps are for "Schuma". These were local auxiliary Police units raised in the former USSR. You can read more about these units if you search the word. An interesting subject. They are slightly unusual in that the swastika's are not set central on the straps.

Cheers, Ade.

Lightbulb Re: Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question

Quote by fischer View Post
    The small RSD pin is for "Reichszolldienst" or Reichs Custom Service.

It is attached to the shoulder boards and come in pairs.
    Well, it reads "RFV" for ReichsFinanzVerwaltung. Zollgrenzschutz was a part of RFV.

Fultz
    ?

Can't speak to the insignia, but the fork is GI.

I did some research on the "Schuma" Battalions. I couldn't find any shoulder boards that looked like these though. They all appeared to be darker. These are green and they feel like a very heavy felt. I am going to try to post a better picture of them. Also I tried to make a better photo of the pin front and back. thanks for the feedback.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question   Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question  

Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question   Nazi uniform, patch, and badge question  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast