Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help! Black and White Photo Ribbon Identification

Article about: I'm posting this photo again because I'm almost done colorizing it and want to make sure I'm doing the ribbons right. The last thread was posted a while ago and the ribbons were not all iden

Default Need help! Black and White Photo Ribbon Identification

I'm posting this photo again because I'm almost done colorizing it and want to make sure I'm doing the ribbons right. The last thread was posted a while ago and the ribbons were not all identified.

What I think they are as of now: West Wall Service, Hindenburg War Cross of Honor with Swords, Eastern Winter Campaign, Sudentenland with Prague Bar
    Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, Das Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs 1914/1918, Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42," Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938

Does this combination of medals make sense?

Thanks, John

Need help! Black and White Photo Ribbon Identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Black and White Photo Ribbon Identification
    P
    Many

From left to right IC 2nd class, KVK w/ swords 2nd class, Ostmedal and 4th I can not make out. This man is Heer, not SS so I am moving this thread to the Heer, Luftwaffe and Kreigsmarine Forum
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for moving the thread to the correct sub-forum. I'm rather certain the second ribbon is the WW1 honor cross, because of the light-colored line running down the middle of the swords. I think you might be right about the IC 2nd class. I assume the 4th is the Sudentenland medal because of the rectangle shaped glare in the middle of the bar, which I guess to the Prague device.

Quote by Perspectivist View Post
    What I think they are as of now: West Wall Service, Hindenburg War Cross of Honor with Swords, Eastern Winter Campaign, Sudentenland with Prague Bar
    Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, Das Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs 1914/1918, Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42," Die Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    From left to right IC 2nd class, KVK w/ swords 2nd class, Ostmedal and 4th I can not make out.
    Quote by Perspectivist View Post
    I'm rather certain the second ribbon is the WW1 honor cross, because of the light-colored line running down the middle of the swords. I think you might be right about the IC 2nd class. I assume the 4th is the Sudentenland medal because of the rectangle shaped glare in the middle of the bar, which I guess to the Prague device.
    The second ribbon definitely is the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz mit Schwertern indeed.

However, just as certain, the last one is not the Sudetenland medal (This is definitely not a black-and-red ribbon.) Personally, I think it is the Hungarian WW1 commemorative medal (with a swords device).

As for the first one: I cannot positively ID it. It is neither the EK2 nor the Westwall medal, in any case. The ribbon colors are wrong for the EK2 (no black outer stripes) and the Westwall medal would not be worn first on the bar. By order of precedence, this would have to be a WW1-era war decoration.

Don't know about the third one either. Definitely not the Ost medal (wrong ribbon colors and, again, wrong order of precedence, as it would have been worn before the 1914/18 cross). Very likely an award from one of the pre-Third Reich German states or a foreign one.