Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help! Feldgendarmerie wrapper

Article about: Hello I have in possession a FG Major wrapper. I have checked it firmly and here are my thoughts. Overall the tunic looks amazing. The quality of material is superb and same as on all high e

Default Need help! Feldgendarmerie wrapper

Hello
    I have in possession a FG Major wrapper. I have checked it firmly and here are my thoughts. Overall the tunic looks amazing. The quality of material is superb and same as on all high end tunics (general, high quality waffenrocks,...). All the stiching is perfectly fitting, no loose ends, no modifications, no signs of previous insignia being present, to me everything was sewn on as it should be. Medal loops are perfect as found on other tunics. Here i'm posting more closup and detailed pictures for you to comment on it. The jacket was shown on some other forums but nothing firmly came out.
    I apreshiate all your comments, even if they were already said in previous replys.

Any chance somebody has some period pictures of a similar wrapper in wear (or at least of Felgendarmerie units wearing such typ of uniform)?
    Thanks for your help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help!  Feldgendarmerie wrapper   Need help!  Feldgendarmerie wrapper  

Need help!  Feldgendarmerie wrapper   Need help!  Feldgendarmerie wrapper  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help!  Feldgendarmerie wrapper
    P
    Many

Default Feldgrau Feldgendarmerie Panzerjacke

I posted this alsom under Police section, but let me ask for some comments also here
    thanks

more pictures here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/deuts...rapper-584427/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help!  Feldgendarmerie wrapper   Need help!  Feldgendarmerie wrapper  

Never seen the Feldgendarmerie soldier wearing one of these before in a period photo.

Not jumps out as bad.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Added a reply in the other thread.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes such comment was already said before but no picture yet was provided. Well if this was put together after war using original parts, they did a remarkable job but why make such a combination. the wrapper itself was for sure never used before this insignias were placed on.

A question,...should i leave it as is or do I take off the insignias?

MAP
    ?

IMHO I would leave it as is. You never know. A photo may pop up and if you removed the insignia you would be kicking yourself. We've all seen the "Can you believe they wore that" type threads...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Leave it be.

Yeah i thought so myself. It would be great to find some police units in such wrappers,...just to see if they even existed in this model.

Großdeutschland Aufklärungsgruppe
    This thread implies that Stug wrappers were worn with infantry waffenfarbe, so field police wouldn't be out of the question!...

According to Angolia/Schlicht, initially this uniform was to be worn by all members of assault gun units (not just the actual vehicle crews). Later, this was extended to crews of self-propelled artillery pieces and armored trains, and finally, in the late war period, it was seen worn by members of other types of units as well, such as Panzer Grenadiers or the Brandenburg paratroop battalion. Thus, I wouldn't rule out it being worn by military policemen.

In any case, I think insignia should only ever be removed from a uniform if one can be absolutely certain that they are not original to the piece. This is not the case here, so I agree with the others: Leave the wrapper as it is.

Allow me one observation, though: This really shouldn't be in the German Police forum. I suggest it be moved to the Heer/Marine/Luftwaffe forum (with the parallel thread on the piece deleted there). It's a military uniform and really has nothing to do with the civilian Ordnungspolizei.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast