Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with Gebirgjager cloth patch...

Article about: by HPL2008 Sorry, but the "Beteiligung Vorsteher" interpretation of BEVO is incorrect, although it keeps popping up in the English-language secondary literature. (The word "Be

?

Default Need help with Gebirgjager cloth patch...

Hey guys just wanna know if this is original?

Need help with Gebirgjager cloth patch...Need help with Gebirgjager cloth patch...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with Gebirgjager cloth patch...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help with Gebirgjager cloth patch...

Hi Torch

This is a nice original BeVO patch

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Fantastic,thanks for the help...what about the other patch?

?

Oh and what does BeVO mean?

Quote by Torch View Post
    Fantastic,thanks for the help...what about the other patch?
    I'm not 100% sure about the Jaeger patch, I looks ok but it is an item I have never studied and I have never had one in hand. I'm sure others will comment

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks so much Nick! So what do you collect mainly?

Hi

BeVo weave is a machine woven process developed in the early 1900s by a Frenchman called Jacquard and it was a roll of material fed into a weaving machine the germans using rayon or artificial silk for this material at the same time a card strip was fed in with a series of holes in the strip the machine extracts theinformation from the card and weaves a design into the base material this was commonly used for cap eagles, breast eagles, cockades etc. The name BeVo weave comes from the be stands for beteiligung (partnership) and the vo stands for vorsteher which is the merging of two firms Lucas Vorsteher and Ewald Vorsteher from the german city of Wuppertal-Barmen which made up the firms logo of BeVo-Wuppertal which is sometimes found on the end of rolls of BeVo insignia.

I collect mainly EKs but I have a few GJ patches, have a look at my Albums on My Profile

Nick

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I collect mainly EKs but I have a few GJ patches, have a look at my Albums on My Profile
    your albums are amazing!

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    your albums are amazing!
    Thanks Patrick

Nick

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    The name BeVo weave comes from the be stands for beteiligung (partnership) and the vo stands for vorsteher which is the merging of two firms Lucas Vorsteher and Ewald Vorsteher from the german city of Wuppertal-Barmen which made up the firms logo of BeVo-Wuppertal which is sometimes found on the end of rolls of BeVo insignia.
    Sorry, but the "Beteiligung Vorsteher" interpretation of BEVO is incorrect, although it keeps popping up in the English-language secondary literature.

(The word "Beteiligung" in front of a company name is not used in German and actually does not even make sense in this particular context.)

The registered trademark BEVO really stands for "Bandfabrik Ewald Vorsteher".

For examples of the spelt-out company name, see this Third-Reich-era ad...:
    http://www.usmbooks.com/images/EASEL/Vorsteher3.jpg
    ...or this current Ebay auction for a 1956 letter: BEVO Bandfabrik Ewald Vorsteher Wuppertal-Barmen 1956 | eBay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast