Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale

Article about: Hi fellas, was hoping you could help me out here. I mainly collect ww2 posters and medals, but came across a local guy wanting to sell his collection of uniforms and flags. I dont know a who

Default Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale

Hi fellas, was hoping you could help me out here. I mainly collect ww2 posters and medals, but came across a local guy wanting to sell his collection of uniforms and flags. I dont know a whole lot about some of these items he listed, but I am meeting with him in a couple days to look the collection over. Any thoughts on some of these items as to a possible price or if I should stay away from an item? I think he is wanting around $2500
    Here is what he sent me:
    collection includes WaffenSS uniform with Ost (East) cufftitle-rank-Unterscharfuehrer, Todt Organization tunic with armband & party emblem, Africakorps tunic with iron cross second class ribbon, 3 national flags including the hakenkruez, kriegsmarineflagge, & reichdienstflagge. Kriegsmarineflagge from German WWII cruiser. Officers greatcoat-2nd division. 16 foot Hitlerjugend banner & podium pennant. Collection also includes a German WWI helmet & cap. All original with manufacturers markings-NO REPRODUCTIONS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale

He may state that none of the items are reproductions, but the items listed sound like a mine field of fakes.

They may verywell be authentic, but if possible, ask to take pictures and seek advice here before handing over any money.

GOOD LUCK!

?

All i will say is all that for that amount of money,it definately sounds too good to be true, the SS uniform alone would be in excess of at least 4 times the total, therefore i seriously doubt that these items are all genuine, but i would say that if this person is a collector he knows exactly what they are worth therefore endorsing the possibility of fake or replica items,unless this person is so hard up for cash , i would tread very carefully

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It sounds far far too cheap. Get photos and put them here on the forum BEFORE parting with any cash.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Appreciate the quick replies, and thank you. I was thinking along the same lines, and maybe I can snap a few photos. Guess time will tell if its legit or not.

Ok, took a look at the collection and he let me take a couple photos. Let me know what you think. Not pictured are some of the flags and a 16' hitler youth banner. anything in these pictures pop out at you or bring a flag to your attention as repo? All items looked legit, wear and soiling was minimal but evident, and most articles the owner had a story behind. Posted more pictures here at my link: Third Reich Items pictures by du4_84 - Photobucket

Africakorps tunic - believed to be medical because of the blue on the shoulder?
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC09201.jpg

WaffenSS uniform with Ost (East) - Maybe not SS but SD? not original armband? Missing a few buttons, but some are loose and in the pocket. Owner claimed that it was not the right pips on the rank for SS, they would have been pointed.
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC09205.jpg

Officers greatcoat-2nd division - Red shoulder caps? Officer?
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC09197.jpg

Hitlerjugend Podium pennant - single sided of course.
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC09215.jpg

Todt Organization tunic - Collector said that the gold buttons indicate that it is an officers, but should have indications on the lapel as well and it does not.
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC09210.jpg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale   Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale  

Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale   Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale  

Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale   Need Help - German Third Reich Militaria for sale  

Last edited by energy84; 01-20-2012 at 08:30 PM.

?

The SS uniform - oh dear.........
    Compare it to some of the originals posted in the SS forum and it will be easy to tell it is a post war tunic pimped up by the addition of fake insignia.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

There is so much wrong I don't know where to start. Pretty much what I suspected to be honest.

Walk away.

SS tunic: fake insignia on the West German tunic.

West German Greatcoat with WW1 shoulder boards.

Todt tunic might be OK: not my thing.

Tunic is not DAK: Heer Officers custom made summer tunic. Not medical, but transport.

The Heer M34 Feldmutze is good. I have added that pic correctly to your post. Please don't use hosting sites.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Apologies on the hosting sites, didnt think you would want me eating up room for 22 photos.

Ost ("East") cufftitle? That's a new one on me! A load of rubbish IMO. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast