Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

NEED HELP! Grossdeutschland shoulder boards

Article about: May I have your thoughts on these beautiful Grossdeutschland shoulder boards please??

yes, these are the ones.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Why would the prongs be bent back down like that if they were carefully pulled for inspection and to be reinstalled?

because I wanted to show the prongs as well?

Still not feeling the cyphers. Even late war examples still had a crisp finish. I would hold off for another vetted pair of GD Cyphers. The pop up every now and then.

if you look at the link on my last comment, the gentleman who said they're authentic has written countless books on GD insignia. I appreciate your input but you clearly are not as qualified as Scott. Have a good day, Merry Christmas.

CBH
    ?

Well if you already had your mind made up why ask the Question ? Also don't quote the other site as gospel , if you like it there so much just stay there . You can buy whatever you want , Merry Christmas to you and yours .

Because ONE....I was immediately told these are "fake" ciphers, TWO whenever I actually get a valid opinion from the guy who has written basically every book on GD insignia I'm still hit with "I'm still not feeling them" I came here first because I was hoping people would tell me there honest educated opinion before I could get a hold of Mr. Pritchert. And THIRD...I will always use renowned authors opinions on a subject they've clearly done their research on so please spare me the "if you like that site so much then stay there" or "don't quote it like a gospel" Sorry I did a little thing called "research" and proved the naysayers wrong....Merry Christmas to you as well.

And again, I really appreciate everyone's assistance all around in helping me figure out my GD boards are in fact 100% Authentic

CBH
    ?

I still feel they are fakes , but I've never written a book on it . The blurry photo of a Mint cypher doesn't sell me , anyone who has dealt with TR insignia wouldn't bend those metal prongs more then absolutely required . But I don't really care anymore and as I've already said , you can buy whatever you want . Happy New Year

Edit, posting while CBH was writing. Thx CBH for voicing the same thoughts.

Quote by Blaine Anthony View Post

And again, I really appreciate everyone's assistance all around in helping me figure out my GD boards are in fact 100% Authentic
    No one here assisted you in determining that they are 100% authentic, in fact the opposite.

Why don't you close the thread already since the real experts helped you somewhere else. Is there any point in going on with this here?

Personally, I don't think the cyphers shown in the later pics were off the boards shown in the original pics. No one who removes an emblem (which is crazy enough to do in the first place) is going to bend the prongs back down before reinstalling them. Here's a pic off the net of a set that had the prongs messed about until one broke off, severely affecting the value, the rest of the prongs have that mangled look of prongs that have been played with once too often.

Name:  s-l400.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  38.7 KB

PS "When the Levee Breaks" is a blues song written by husband and wife Kansas Joe McCoy and Memphis Minnie in 1929.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast