Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help on KM trade badges....

Article about: Hey gang. I'm a helmet, armband and buckle guy.... I know absolutely nothing when it comes to KM trade badges. That said - I have a souvenir/trophy belt that came out of the maritimes. It is

Default Need help on KM trade badges....

Hey gang. I'm a helmet, armband and buckle guy....
    I know absolutely nothing when it comes to KM trade badges. That said - I have a souvenir/trophy belt that came out of the maritimes. It is full of KM trade badges but I don't know what they mean.
    Any chance you guys could fill me in? Any rare badges on this belt? Are they just your standard trade badges? Any and all information is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on KM trade badges....   Need help on KM trade badges....  

Need help on KM trade badges....   Need help on KM trade badges....  

Need help on KM trade badges....   Need help on KM trade badges....  

Need help on KM trade badges....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on KM trade badges....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help on KM trade badges....

Here is an excellent source of identification for the various career trade badges you have. Very nice belt & insignia, nice find!
    The Collector's Guild

Thanks Roger! I will check it out! Many thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Rob

Looks a good score, nothing leaps out as special except the oakleafs which are probably Jager cap insignia.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hey Jerry! Thanks man! Yes...I didn't think the oakleafs were KM....what were the oakleafs for? Jager cap...is that mountain troops or am I getting confused with the Edelweiss? What did the oakleafs represent?
    Thanks!
    Rob

HI Rob,
    The oakleaf is a symbol of strength and it is also the tree of zeus and thor who are both gods of thunder.
    The oak tree also is a symbol of nobility and the Germans were all about symbolism.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    HI Rob,
    The oakleaf is a symbol of strength and it is also the tree of zeus and thor who are both gods of thunder.
    The oak tree also is a symbol of nobility and the Germans were all about symbolism.
    Cheers, Dan
    And an oak stick is what my wife smacks me with to get my attention sometimes.

Thanks Dan! I knew the oak tree was a strong tree. Great to learn more about the symbolism behind it. Do you know what the oakleaf badge was used for though? Was it mountain infantry troops that used these?
    Thanks again!
    Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Do you know what the oakleaf badge was used for though? Was it mountain infantry troops that used these?
    Thanks again!
    Rob
    Hello Rob,
    Gebirgsjäger used a metal Edelweiss for their Bergmütze and a cloth Edelweiss arm insignia, oakleaves badge was used within Jäger units...also in conjonction with an arm cloth insignia representing oakleaves.
    nice belt btw
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for letting me know! Much appreciated!

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast