Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need input on Army Leather Overcoat before purchasing

Article about: Hey everyone. Last time I was browsing for TR memorabilia I ran into an old seller "friend" of mine who has sold me things from Luft buckles, banners, Mother Crosses etc which have

?

Default Need input on Army Leather Overcoat before purchasing

Hey everyone. Last time I was browsing for TR memorabilia I ran into an old seller "friend" of mine who has sold me things from Luft buckles, banners, Mother Crosses etc which have all turned out to be authentic. I did, however; purchase an army buckle which turned out to be fake once and when I pointed it out to him later he gave me a full refund.

Ok enough background info... My question pertains to 2 Army leather overcoats he has. I don't know much about uniforms, I tend to stick to buckles myself. As of now I have no pics of said coats but I was wondering what in particular I should photograph to post on here to get a thumbs up or down. From memory all I remember is them having no insignia whatsoever on them and they weighed about 7-8 lbs without anything in them (maybe more). I know that isn't helpful but once I get a chance to see him again I'll make sure to take pics. O yea asking price for them was 500 each.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need input on Army Leather Overcoat before purchasing
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need input on Army Leather Overcoat before purchasing

leather overcoats were usually a private purchsase option for officers,but will reflect the military tailoring as set out in clothing manufacturer's/tailor's books that were produced on the subject of what was to followed closely,,,there will be some variations i would imagine between clothing makers,but should conform closely to the regulations laid in the manufacture of such items,,,the price you quoted doesnt seem out of line for a leather coat,of any time period,,,,good luck,,,,

?

Yes I agree the price seems fair

Usually there will be provision for rank shoulder boards and often a slit for wearing the dress dagger. Buttons are another thing to look at.

Cheers, Ade.