Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...

Article about: Hi all. Many of you who've seen my posts before know that I'm fairly well versed in cloth and daggers, but occasionally I come across one that is beyond my scope. This is one such example. I

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    ps : IMO wool is the so-called latvian one
    My original thoughts as well.
    Ralph.
    If I am not mistaken, there are some details about the seam at the back which seem incorrect as well. Hence my reservations about saying it was good. Best do some more research into this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images Need opinions on Panzer Wrap... 
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...
    P
    Many

?

Quote by kc1 View Post
    I thought stugs were assault guns as such and thus came under the control of the artillery rather than designated as panzer troops and that litzen were worn on the collar rather than the panzer emblem. Were self propelled artillery pieces attached/embedded or indeed part of a panzer unit and so enabled the shown collar devices as a hybrid of both arms. This would account for the red artillery waffenfarbe rather than panzer arm pink.
    Hello, yes, It is common to see the Panzer skulls used on the tabs of StuG personnel and grey wraps with red waffenfabre, and more common to see them with regular litzen when the grey wrap is worn by Panzerjager/etc. (although period pics confirm both were worn).

Also, There were StuG Battalions who operated as independent Self Prop Arty units, yes,......but there were also Panzer Divisions who had their own StuG Abteilungen, like the 14th Panzer Division, III/Panzer Regiment 36. You saw this a lot in 1943, when the Panzer Divisions were being refitted after taking losses on the Eastern Front. It was common to see companies of StuG's being assigned to Panzer or Panzerjager units. They still wore the grey wrap w/ skulls or artillery litzen though, as they are considered artillery.

This one is bad.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for the great feedback guys. You've saved me a few bucks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2