Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...

Article about: Hi all. Many of you who've seen my posts before know that I'm fairly well versed in cloth and daggers, but occasionally I come across one that is beyond my scope. This is one such example. I

?

Default Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...

Hi all. Many of you who've seen my posts before know that I'm fairly well versed in cloth and daggers, but occasionally I come across one that is beyond my scope. This is one such example. I've never handled a Panzer Wrap before, but he construction in general (of the tunic) looks pretty good. I'd like to get some opinions from you Panzer guys regarding this set...

Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on Panzer Wrap...
    P
    Many

As this is a Heer uniform and not SS, I have moved this to the Heer Luftwaffe and Kreigsmarine Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks Bob! I was reviewing a few other SS items and was obviously in SS mode when I posted this. Thanks for moving it for me.

like it.

Stug wrap in my opinion and from what little I know, it looks good to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks guys. Any idea where I could send this to (if I buy it) to have the breast eagle replaced with a period original, using original thread and original stitching pattern?

If I were you, I would wait for more opinions from members with more experience in cloth uniforms before I would be willing to take the plunge.
    Just my humble opinion,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    As this is a Heer uniform and not SS, I have moved this to the Heer Luftwaffe and Kreigsmarine Forum.
    It is a self propelled artillery uniform, also.

I have no idea of its authenticity.

PS I bought an authentic one of these at a Bad Godesberg theater sale for all of five dollars US in the fall of 1974. It had general's should boards, which I removed and sold separately.

I then wore the coat to stay warm beneath my rain coat. Then I sold the jacket for a profit.

kc1
    ?

I thought stugs were assault guns as such and thus came under the control of the artillery rather than designated as panzer troops and that litzen were worn on the collar rather than the panzer emblem. Were self propelled artillery pieces attached/embedded or indeed part of a panzer unit and so enabled the shown collar devices as a hybrid of both arms. This would account for the red artillery waffenfarbe rather than panzer arm pink.

Hello,
    Same wool for the jacket and pants...
    Same lining for both as well...
    wrong font for markings...
    Same red string for shoulderstraps piping and for collar patches....
    I have my own conclusion here...
    Thanks

ps : IMO wool is the so-called latvian one

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast