Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New German M35 Tunic

Article about: Hi everyone, just got this infantry NCO's M35 tunic today. It is in superb condition and I'm very pleased with it! Any comments welcome. Doug

Default New German M35 Tunic

Hi everyone, just got this infantry NCO's M35 tunic today. It is in superb condition and I'm very pleased with it! Any comments welcome. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New German M35 Tunic   New German M35 Tunic  

New German M35 Tunic   New German M35 Tunic  

New German M35 Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New German M35 Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Very nice tunic.
    The breast eagle has been replaced.

Yes indeed, but I think this is very likely a wartime upgrade.

MAP
    ?

Beautiful.

And superb pictures
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Helluva set-up, way to go!!!

?

That is in amazing condition.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice collection mate

Looks very nice.

I suspect it has been restored, given the Regtimental marking for Artillery Regt 25.

These "Lago" consortium makers often made high quality products.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello gentlemen,
    It is a very nice example of the german Feldbluse...
    But it's not a M35....it is a Feldbluse 1933 modified 1934 and modified after december 1936 (square piece of cloth at the back). The collar is dark Feldgrau and not dark green...
    Considering the markings, i can say that it was produced by the Lago cons. in Munich and accepted by the mlitary depot in the same town. The roman 1 (I) indicates that this example was not issued to a soldier, but rather stocked at the military depot until the mobilization, that explain the all branches Litzen most probably applied when it was issued later.
    Artillery shoulderstraps would be more indicated here...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks very much for the responses.

J Philip, I am extremely grateful to you for providing your expertise in this matter. I am quiet happy to find its a heavily modified M33 and I dont question your conclusion, but I would be very grateful for more information as to how you reached it. The collar looks darker to me than early tunics I have previously seen with dark fieldgray collars and it looks hardly different (it is a little lighter coloured) at all from other later tunic and coat collars in my collection with dark green collars. So I wonder if your conclusion that it has a pre 1935 collar could be due to misleading colours in the photos. Of course, even if this were true, it could still be a modified M33. I would also particularly like to understand better the characteristics of an M33 tunic that allow it to be distinguished. I am also confused about why it would have the date marking for Munich 1935 if it was originally made in 1933, presumably this marking was added later, but you say that the modifications are for 1934 and 1936, so why would it have a 1935 date? Any further help you can give for me to understand this better would be greatly appreciated. Doug
    Last edited by douglas2496; 09-25-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast