Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New HG tunic

Article about: Here is what is enroute to the house shortly!!

?

Default New HG tunic

Here is what is enroute to the house shortly!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New HG tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New HG tunic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New HG tunic

Next!!

CT is hand applied(normal). The eagle is attached, by being sewn through the liner!! Textbook!!
    Attached Images Attached Images New HG tunic  New HG tunic  New HG tunic  New HG tunic 

Quote by wehrmachtsanitater View Post
    The eagle is attached, by being sewn through the liner!! Textbook!!
    Really?

I have doubts

?

Please... tell me about your doubts.

?

Here is a discussion on another forum. Seriously, I am open to all theories and observations. Please write the reasons for doubt. Please do not drop a bomb like that without an explanation.

HG 4 pocket uniform - opinions & information requested - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by wehrmachtsanitater View Post
    Please... tell me about your doubts.
    Well I don't need to read what another forum has posted, I know what it purports to be

you say textbook, yes?

It is, if real (and i can't tell by your photos) a rare tunic. I take it that its an Army M43?

In that case if it is real, and lets assume it is, how can it be textbook, for such a rare tunic? Stitching was not normally sewn through the lining. It was not normal practice, therefore it is NOT textbook. I have handled 100's of real tunics over the years,and some very rare ones. I would not state "textbook" for one with sewn through stitching

If you want to show your collection to the forum members, at least post some decent pictures No one can make a call on those
    pictures, but no one is going to say its great either. My last post
    " I have doubts".....yes i do, take an Army eagle off, sew a luft eagle on, hand stitch (sloppily) an HG cuff, put on some HG shoulder boards (slip on ones) and presto you have just doubled the price of your tunic.........so yes, i have my doubts

?

John, must part of the 43's tunics must have the eagles sewn through the liner, that is done due of simplified technologies, the tunics with suspenders which used under the liner as M 36 ,40,41, must have eagle sewn without stitchings through the liner, due of you can't use the belt suspenders in that case. As you can see the eagles on the M43 tunics is by technology added after the pockets is done , and the pockets in case of 90% stitched through the liner, there no other ways to place eagle before pockets, due of some of them must go under the pocket seam
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I can't find anything wrong in that tunic, IMHO, very nice condition, late war type color and cloth, excellent condition, no other traces from Heeres eagle, probably completed after the war, but I like what I see. As in the WAF discussion, I disagree with pockets- eagle- buttons position. That kind of tunics are made not by private tailor, but most of them made by foreign workers, and the quality sometimes ugly, no one stay with ruler to apply eagles, and easiest way- all of the tunics are different in size, due of that, different location of buttonholes and pockets...
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Quote by JMB View Post
    Well I don't need to read what another forum has posted, I know what it purports to be

you say textbook, yes?

It is, if real (and i can't tell by your photos) a rare tunic. I take it that its an Army M43?

In that case if it is real, and lets assume it is, how can it be textbook, for such a rare tunic? Stitching was not normally sewn through the lining. It was not normal practice, therefore it is NOT textbook. I have handled 100's of real tunics over the years,and some very rare ones. I would not state "textbook" for one with sewn through stitching

If you want to show your collection to the forum members, at least post some decent pictures No one can make a call on those pictures, but no one is going to say its great either. My last post
    " I have doubts".....yes i do, take an Army eagle off, sew a luft eagle on, hand stitch (sloppily) an HG cuff, put on some HG shoulder boards (slip on ones) and presto you have just doubled the price of your tunic.........so yes, i have my doubts

Thanks everyone!

I posted the tunic here, not to hear "oohhh and ahh's", but for discussion. While I do have some more photos(see below), I do not have the tunic yet. I will post more images when the tunic arrives. I am sorry for the scant photos, but they are all that I have. I would typically demand better photos, but I know the seller and the lineage of the tunic.

The reason I posted the link to the other forum is that it shows a few other examples that people own as well as some common traits. This particular tunic's previous lineage(from the time it was brought back by a Mr Bob Seaver) is also laid out. This is the very tunic that was used in Angolia's book(someone changed the shoulder straps out though). As seen in that thread, the eagle application suturing going through the lining as well as the greenish thread used is "textbook" in that they all have this in common. There are a few other instances when suturing through the lining is normal. This is the case with M44 tunics(Heer & LW) and other late war assembled tunics.

Thanks for fueling the discussion.

JMB, I sincerely hope that this is not your last post. I sincerely respect your(and everyone's) opinion. It takes more than one person to have a discussion. This is only a hobby(for me anyway).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New HG tunic  
    Attached Images Attached Images New HG tunic  New HG tunic  New HG tunic  New HG tunic 

?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    dont know about uniforms but its generally acepted that if a badge is sewn on an m43 cap through the liner its done post war. just my tuppence. that said its been done very neatly and proffesional{the eagle ,not the CT}
    The cap is different, for sure all of the caps including M34 and 38 too. There no any chance to sew in the insignia after the cap is completed, only hand stitched variations.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast