MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinion on this M-36 Tunic please

Article about: I have had this M-36 tunic offered to me by a friend and fellow collector as this will possibly be my first tunic and a fairly large investment by me I would like some opinions from the memb

Default Re: Opinion on this M-36 Tunic please

Hi Mark,,
    the internal suspenders were introduced long before the "Koppeltragegestell mit Hilfstrageriemen",aka Y-straps started to be issued to the troops.The Y straps started to see widespread use after the Polish Campaign and yes,they could have been deemed redundant,since the weight of the belt and related equipment was already bore by the internal canvas suspenders.
    Removing them,apart from making your company feldwebel go ballistic,would have given birth to another problem;i.e. what to secure the belt support hooks to!They had to be held securely and the only way to do that was to attach them to the internal suspenders,.To save on time and materials from the M42 combat tunic onwards the internal,integral suspenders were deleted and at their place shorter ones,cut from the older suspenders were sewn inside the new tunics,two on the front and two on the back.This change brought with it the removal of the small hooks inside the tunics that further helped to make the internal suspenders stay put!
    The material the internal suspenders are made of isn't THAT stiff....it's the way they're embedded inside the front/back/shoulder areas of the tunic that makes them feel like they're made of a much stronger,stiffer material.
    HTH
    Manny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on this M-36 Tunic please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinion on this M-36 Tunic please

I have been in contact with the collector who has offered to sell me this M-36 TUNIC and he has offered it to me at 1050 EUR I have researched the M-36 as much as I can and can not find a lot of examples out there for sale and what I do find is very mixed in price as well as quality. The bottom end being a 1000 EUR as high as 2500 EUR in price and I have seen a few examples that are going for higher than that depending on the unit ,and the claims of beng unaltered wth original insignia so here is my question is this tunic worth the 1050 EUR that he is asking.

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2