Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on Obergefreiter Rank

Article about: I would like you to please tell me what you think of this item. It is an obergefreiter rank with subdued luftwaffe style tress and stitched onto what looks like a black herringbone twill mat

Default Opinion on Obergefreiter Rank

I would like you to please tell me what you think of this item. It is an obergefreiter rank with subdued luftwaffe style tress and stitched onto what looks like a black herringbone twill material. Any and all opinions welcome. Thank you
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on Obergefreiter Rank   Opinion on Obergefreiter Rank  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on Obergefreiter Rank
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinion on Obergefreiter Rank

Hi Tom,

Probably sewn on dark green (does not look black on my screen) HBT and probably original. All of these I have seen have this luftwaffe type tress, except one I saw with blue KM tress. Mostly you see them on pale tan HBT and I have a few of these. Sometimes the tan ones are claimed as luft tropical, but without the history, they are for the HBT work outfit.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Looks good to me,the top picture looks like black background on my screen and the next picture looks blue/grey in colour?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thanks Jerry. It is definitely black, the second photo is lighter because it was auto corrected on Windows Photo Manager.
    Tom

Hello,
    It looks like an Obergefreiter rank chevron for the Luftwaffe HBT mechanics overall.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It looks like an Obergefreiter rank chevron for the Luftwaffe HBT mechanics overall.
    Thanks
    Indeed, I could not remember what it would be for.

Thanks,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks
    Thank you, that clears up that little problem.
    Tom