Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinion on these shoulderboards

Article about: Hi, Im looking for some shoulderboards for my M40 jacket. I think i found some but im new into uniforms so i like to know if these are good one? Thanks for you time

?

Default Opinion on these shoulderboards

Hi,

Im looking for some shoulderboards for my M40 jacket.
    I think i found some but im new into uniforms so i like to know if these are good one?

Thanks for you time

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on these shoulderboards
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinion on these shoulderboards

Hello,
    100 % crap.....sorry....IMO Sturm made...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

ok, thanks for the reply.

I'll keep this one open for if i find some new ones

grts

?

Does these fit on a M40 Jacket?

Thanks

Hello,
    The shoulderstraps are original but early....these were sew-in shoulderstraps that have been modified to be worn on a piece of uniform with shoulder loops...the point being : is it a wartime or a postwar modification ?
    It can be tempting for a some collectors to add a tongue to saboted or cut off sew-in shoulderstrap to use them for their bust or mannequin. Sew-in shoulderstraps are often cheaper than slip-on examples. It's not very nice on a Feldlbluse because of the raw material on the lower part of the straps....Of course, it could be original....the good thing here being that the tongue is made of some convincing felt that is similar to things already seen it the past...

In my opinion, save your money, keep on searching and you'll find something nice soon.
    It is hard to help with so little infos....does your Feldbluse have Litzen with Waffenfarbe ?
    You posted two pairs of RED piped shoulderstraps, so for me it means that the Feldbluse has red Litzen....so you're only looking for some artillery examples !?

Perhaps could you post photos of your Feldbluse 1933 modified 1940 ?

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

69 viewers and no one has an opinion ?
    sad...

My question for all of you is : are these shoulderstraps Dark Feldgrau or Dark Green ?
    I'll give my opinion later...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

Here some photo's.
    Its not the best jacket but I got it for a small/good price

Opinion on these shoulderboardsOpinion on these shoulderboards

Thanks

Hello,

Judaz : I dont mean to be rude here, but when someone takes 15 minutes of his time to answer your questions, at least you could take this answer in consideration...and answer questions !
    As already mentioned in another thread, what you show here is not a Feldbluse M40 but a second pattern Drillichrock in "HBT cloth" that had its pocket flaps removed. If you want to restore it, you should try first to find some HBT material to have the flaps redone and two buttons for the shoulderdtraps...otherwise you can display it under a Zeltbahn and in this case you dont need shoulderstraps...

by the way, why do you focuse on arty shoulderstraps as the Litzen are the all branches ones adopted in 1938 ?
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

Hi,

its a second pattern Drillichrock indeed sorry my bad.

I cant really answer the questions sorry about that.
    I dont have these shoulderboards they come from internet sellers.

Im not sure if I going to restore the flaps because this can been done during battle.
    I have those 2 buttons.

Im just looking for some artillery shoulderboards because sellers said it was a arty jacket.

thanks

Hello,
    What your seller is telling you is wrong Judaz, it is not an artillery Drillichrock, it would have been one if it had originally applied artillery Litzen which is not the case....The Litzen shown here are general issue of 1938 (are they even originally applied ?.....in therory, no), it means that they were given to all branches of arms, not only artillery. You can try to find any Waffenfarbe that you want...white, light green, pink etc....

IMO you only have two choices if you want a realistic display :

1) new flaps done with HBT cloth found somewhere and new shoulderstraps to finalize the thing....

2) use the Drillichrock under a Zeltbahn (cheapest way) to hide pockets and in this case no need of shoulderstraps...

Thanks

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast