Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this Heer tunic please

Article about: This has been advertised as a Heer Oberleutnant uniform but I do see a couple of problems with the tunic or should I say how it is advertised this would appear to have an nco breast eagle an

?

Default Opinions on this Heer tunic please

This has been advertised as a Heer Oberleutnant uniform but I do see a couple of problems with the tunic or should I say how it is advertised this would appear to have an nco breast eagle and the uniform cut to me does not appear to be an officers cut as it does not have the french style turned up cuffs that I am used to seeing I may be wrong opinions on this tunic please gentlemen.

Regards Mark k
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions on this Heer tunic please  Opinions on this Heer tunic please  Opinions on this Heer tunic please  Opinions on this Heer tunic please  Opinions on this Heer tunic please  Opinions on this Heer tunic please  Opinions on this Heer tunic please  Opinions on this Heer tunic please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this Heer tunic please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions on this Heer tunic please

In my opinion is just another put-together "bare" tunic!Replaced OR/NCO eagle(s) and litzen on a OR/NCO tunic is a no-no in my book and no such tunics are allowed in my collection and never have been,but replaced officer's grade insigna could trick a less experienced collector or would-be buyer into believing that the tunic has been upgraded to officer's standards!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

I assumed that this tunic had been altered Manny it just did not look right to me I just could not put my finger on it .So if it is an nco tunic why would they bother to alter it because as far as I can see regular soldier/nco tunics seem to be fetching a fair dollar value on the market these days and would appear to be more elusive to purchase than an officers cut.

This tunic hasn't been altered....in my opinion is a tunic devoid of insigna that it's been put together!We buy and sell (I look with suspicion at the ones who say the contrary!) and while an un-touched,un-messed with OR/NCO combat tunic would sell on a phone call,selling an "upgraded" tunic would be harder!I haven't bought many things in my colecting career but I'd rather purchase a tunic that would be unquestionable than to buy a tunic that would remain in my closet forever!

?

Thanks for the imput Manny.

Regards Mark k