Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions On Luft Boards

Article about: Hello All, I would like to get some opinions on this set of boards as far Rank,What the green piping indicates,Originality, and something I have never noticed before. On the inside fabric of

Default Opinions On Luft Boards

Hello All, I would like to get some opinions on this set of boards as far Rank,What the green piping indicates,Originality, and something I have never noticed before. On the inside fabric of the attachment tabs,There is a small hole that penetrates the fabric, but does not appear to pass through the wool?? My first thought was perhaps it was a pip, but that didn't make sense because it was only on the underside of the strap?? Would it be possible that it was made by some type of jig?? used to hold the board in place while the boards were being sewn??? Any help appreciated! Thanks,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions On Luft Boards   Opinions On Luft Boards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions On Luft Boards
    P
    Many

Hi Geoff, these are not Luftwaffe shoulder boards but Army shoulder boards from the Bundeswehr (Germany’s army post-war). The green would be for the infantry (Jäger, Gebirgsjäger, Panzergrenadiere, Fallschirmjäger). Depending on when these shoulder boards have been produced, they could have been used by a Stabsunteroffizier (sergeant/staff sergeant) of the Panzerjäger units.
    I hope that helps.

Thank you very much for your reply Phil9790 ! Any thoughts on the holes on the underside?

Regards,Geoff

Hi Geoff, I'm not sure for the holes on the underside. Perhaps it could have been if the wearer of the shoulder boards was wearing a Schützenschnur. Here would be an article from Wikipedia: German Armed Forces Badge of Marksmanship - Wikipedia. Such an award could have been fixed on the shoulder board with a button, I guess...

Hi Geoff, I'm not sure for the holes on the underside. Perhaps it could have been if the wearer of the shoulder boards was wearing a Schützenschnur. Here would be an article from Wikipedia: German Armed Forces Badge of Marksmanship - Wikipedia. Such an award could have been fixed on the shoulder board with a button, I guess...

Thanks Phil!

Regards,Geoff