Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

opinions on a nice pair of wehrmacht shoulder boards and collar tabs

Article about: Hi guys, there is a very nice set for sale on greedbay, and I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me if these items are real. They are sanitäter shoulder boards and collar tabs, but

?

Default opinions on a nice pair of wehrmacht shoulder boards and collar tabs

Hi guys,
    there is a very nice set for sale on greedbay, and I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me if these items are real. They are sanitäter shoulder boards and collar tabs, but with an embroided A for Akademie. I have only seen metal A's so far. The number is 120661486557

The link is

Paar Schulterklappen Militärärztliche Akademie gestickt bei eBay.de: 1918-1945 (endet 16.01.11 18:16:24 MEZ)

I would really appreciate some comments!
    Best regards,

Pieter Boer
    Germany/ The Netherlands
    Last edited by pieter; 01-12-2011 at 08:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on a nice pair of wehrmacht shoulder boards and collar tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: opinions on a nice pair of wehrmacht shoulder boards and collar tabs

I'm not liking them to tell the truth. The boards, the "embroidered" A looks wrong/homemade. The collar tabs are also suspect. Check here for some to compare to, you will see what I mean.
    Let's see what others think first though, have been known to be wrong.
    Tom

?

Default Re: opinions on a nice pair of wehrmacht shoulder boards and collar tabs

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I'm not liking them to tell the truth. The boards, the "embroidered" A looks wrong/homemade. The collar tabs are also suspect. Check here for some to compare to, you will see what I mean.
    Let's see what others think first though, have been known to be wrong.
    Tom
    Many thanks for your quick reply Tom! So far I have not been able to find good reference pictures, and like I said I have only seen metal A's. The collar tabs, shouldn't they have blue lines for sanitätsdienst? On the other hand a grey line could indicate reserve officer....at least so I have been told.
    Will wait for other comments.
    All the best!
    Pieter

A pleasure Pieter. The photo below will illustrate one concern with the collar tabs. The red marks show where there should be a braided cord on either end. The black colouring would denote this as being Pioneer (including school) and or Technical Officers. Medical would be cornflower blue.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinions on a nice pair of wehrmacht shoulder boards and collar tabs  

Here's a Pioneer tab for comparison and construction detail. Also check direction of the bullion, but please still wait for some more feedback.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinions on a nice pair of wehrmacht shoulder boards and collar tabs  
    Last edited by StuG III; 01-12-2011 at 09:01 PM.

?

Hi Tom,
    nice items mate. I will post some of mine soon. Just haven't found the time to take pics yet.
    Cheers,
    Pieter

Thanks Pieter, look forward to seeing your photos.
    Tom