Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Orginal fieldmade tunic?

Article about: Please what do you think about this tunic possible that this tunic is field made sorry the only pic for now but i ask more.

Default Orginal fieldmade tunic?

Please what do you think about this tunic possible that this tunic is field made sorry the only pic for now but i ask more.

Orginal fieldmade tunic?Orginal fieldmade tunic?Orginal fieldmade tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orginal fieldmade tunic?
    P
    Many

It looks good to me, but of course the photographs are not good enough for a proper assessment.

Yes,it could well be a period smock since field-tailored camo garment weren't rare by any means.More detailed pictures would be absolutely needed to ascertain with reasonable certainty whether it's a period garment whose ageing is due to the years rather than clever treatments or not.
    IMHO it could be a WW2 period tunic even if is well nigh on impossible to tell EXACTLY when it's been made!
    Horrido

To late already solt aaaaaah bad day hahah thanks guys.

Hello,
    Made for a german soldier by a company tailor in 1944 ?
    Made for a french hunter by his wife in 1953 ?
    Made for a belgian mushroom gatherer by his mum in 1958 ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

JP has summed it up!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Made for a german soldier by a company tailor in 1944 ?
    Made for a french hunter by his wife in 1953 ?
    Made for a belgian mushroom gatherer by his mum in 1958 ?
    Thanks
    That's what I meant!Add to that that a few camo garments used by the French in Indochina were tailored with WW2 German Camo fabric.
    I like the idea of the guy picking up mushrooms clad in WH Camo....CLASSY!
    Last edited by Horrido; 01-09-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Hello,
    I have seen so many things in the past...like a french guy in the nineties hunting while wearing an authentic Fallschirmsjäger smock or an old guy met by an ex-friend of mine at our local fleamarket...the guy was shopping with his wife with genuine Panzer WSS camo pants on....useless to say that pants were bought from him...and sold to another collect for a nice, very nice bargain...

I already told this story here, but for those who never saw the thread...in a french car factory, workers used kilometers and kilometers of WSS camo cloth as rags...the stock was taken from Germany and has been used for many years...How many camo pants, jackets or caps were made for fishing, hunting, etc....by these workers' wifes with FREE material taken from the factory ?

If the base material is genuine....then it's almost impossible to say if made in WWII or later...
    How many camo garments made with original Zeltbahn material found in cellar, barns, etc.. that were made in the fifties or sixties but are now in collections due to the fact that they were not bought from a collector but found for free in barns etc......that's ridiculous...

To the contrary, for instance i do own what for me is genuine last ditch camo apron for snipers that is almost unknown from the collectors community as it is not the model known....and as it is almost unkown, it's got to be a fake or a repro...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)