Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Tunic?

Article about: ]Had a look at a tunic a couple of days ago which has thrown me a bit. I like the construction but think that this may be made up from a police tunic postwar. The tunic looks too good to be

Default Original Tunic?

]Had a look at a tunic a couple of days ago which has thrown me a bit. I like the construction but think that this may be made up from a police tunic postwar. The tunic looks too good to be a modern tunic for renactors and does have a bit of age to it.Eagle looks fake but the collar tabs are original. Any comments welcomed.
    Original Tunic?Tunic.JPGOriginal Tunic?Original Tunic?[ATTACH=CONFIG]384039[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Tunic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Tunic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original Tunic?

Hello,
    More photos would be needed for a definitive comment, but from those provided, i can say that this pattern of tunic never existed in the german Heer between 1915 and 1945 as far as regulation items are concerned. Pockets are wrong, lining is wrong, holes for the belt hooks are wrong, markings are wrong, inner pocket is wrong.
    I can't say what it is. Ask for more pics showing the back, complete lining and the collar area (in and out), and perhaps i could help you out more...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 08-19-2012 at 01:04 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

It might help if you showed all of it from the front and detail shots of the insignia and under the collar etc...
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Many thanks for your input chaps, it is appreciated, but as you have confirmed my suspicions that the tunic is not original the seller is not keen to provide more photos as there is no money in it at his end.

Oh. I thought I would finish their link, but that picture is already up XD

Hi Guys, I think we have a Kriegsmarine tunic here which has been incorrectly restored as a Heer tunic?

Not really my subject, but take a look here and compare a few things:

Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery Tunic and Pants

Inner pocket.
    The makers marks look the same.
    Note there is a unpicked stitch mark to the lining where the belt hook supports once sat on the one Bochmann has posted.

Did the Kriegsmarine tunic become simplified with pleatless breast pockets? As I said, this kind of thing is outside my collecting interests, but other might know more?

I add this as food for thought.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    I didn't think about this possibility as KM is not really in my field of collecting...but why not ?
    I really dont know if KM tunics lost their pleat on breast pockets like Heer Feldblusen, if that's the case it would mean that this example would be a post 1942 KM tunic wrongly restored as a Heer Feldbluse (as Ade mentioned)...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi it could also be a Reichswehr Tunic they have the same pocket set up as this tunic

?

I dont like the stamps. It looks to be an original tunic that was post war modified, which someone tried to restore with insignia at a later date.

?

The lining fabric seems odd to me, I personally haven't seen anything like it, (though I'd be happy to be wrong) and although the stamps look a little sloppy, they seem to be the same company and configuration as the example that Ade linked to. I could see a Kriegsmarine Feldbluse losing it's pleats and having this strange artificial cloth lining mid-war and near the end of the war, but I just haven't seen an example of this kind of lining before. It was my understanding that the linings became more like artificial silk in the M36 modified 1943 Feldbluses. A Reichswehr Feldbluse would have still retained the pleats on the upper pockets, though the lower pockets do look similar to a Reichswehr Feldbluse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast