Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Pants for M36 (combat) tunic

Article about: Hello I'm seaching for a pair of pants for my near mint M36 tunic, But can't find anyone what kind of pants can go to the tunic then? If I can't find any M36 or M40 pants?? What woud look be

Default Pants for M36 (combat) tunic

Hello

I'm seaching for a pair of pants for my near mint M36 tunic, But can't find anyone what kind of pants can go to the tunic then? If I can't find any M36 or M40 pants?? What woud look best togheter?

Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pants for M36 (combat) tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pants for M36 (combat) tunic

If your tunic is worn by a soldier fighting a battle in Poland or France until 1940 a pair of stone-gray trousers would do...but they're scarce and quite expensive.If your guy's fighting around the Comacchio swamps in Italy at the end of April 1945 then he'd either wear a pair of M35/36,M40,M43,M44;HBT trousers or even liberated/unit tailored ones...it's up to you!
    Straight trousers of the M35/36/40 model are quite expensive in mint condition (you can afford a boatload AFAIC but looks like you don't know trousers very much therefore I'm just trying to help you out!) but a minty pair of breeches could set you back half the price commonly paid for a pair of straight-legged trousers and could be a nice option.
    Tell us in which time-frame you'd like to set your uniform,please!
    Cheers
    Manny

Hi Manny
    Yea Im quit new in Uniforms collection, I have had some in the past but they where in quiet heavy used conditions, not like this one I got now, Its in a hole other class. So need pants that can go whit this tunic, I don't want anymore heavy used stuff. not for this tunic, This set I want to build have to go together...And the time-frame will be around the start of operation barbarossa in the east...
    And thanks for all help I get, I appricate that very much.
    Pic of the Tunic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pants for M36 (combat) tunic   Pants for M36 (combat) tunic  

Pants for M36 (combat) tunic   Pants for M36 (combat) tunic  

Thomas,
    having seen the tunic I'd go for a pair of breeches and a pair of reiterstiefel!Btw,and I don't want to sound like a party p##per...are you 100% sure that the insigna's original to the tunic?
    Cheers
    Manny

WELL, The seller says all insigns are orginal to the tunic, I bought it on Wehrmacht-awards.com and nobody in there haved raised any doubt on the insigns, I also get the same guys working out tunic next month in same very nice condition... So I hope that everything is as it shout be.

Hi Thomas,
    I didn't want to raise any red flags,I was asking out of curiosity.Please consider that buying "there" if you don't know your sh°°° more than adequately is quite risky!Many helmets,visors,tunics,awards aso put on sale "there" by older members of the "frat" or even by paying sponsors (or on behalf of the latter) turned out to be fakes or put-togethers,and nobody would say anything about the items being iffy,either out of fear of being given the boot or because they acted as accomplices!
    The tunic itself looks original but,on the other hand,many tunics without insigna in all conditions are available out there and many of them end up as officer's tunics or upgraded SNCO's ones.
    If I may I'd suggest a close scrutiny of this tunic before committing to another purchase!
    You see Thomas,we all buy to keep but sometimes we decide to sell our collections;I've done that myself last year to finance a very important purchase keeping "only" twenty-five complete uniforms and "loose" pieces.In order to recoup what we've paid for to upgrade or to buy something else it would be wise(r) to buy something that would sell easily in the first place!In my opinion this is not the case with officer's tunics if they don't come with at least a picture showing it in wear and even in this case (or especially so,depending on how you look at that!) to ascertain its authenticity would be a tough call for it's easy for some people to play some "look and do",i.e. they find a period picture of an officer or a Senior NCO wearing a particular tunic and then they proceed to recreate THAT tunic.
    I'm sorry for being boring or overly "terroristic" but looks like nobody cares to let younger or less informed collectors know about these "facts of life"..........I do!
    Cheers
    Manny
    Last edited by Canuck63; 07-11-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks Manny
    I will take many more pic of the tunic out-side and the in-side so you can give it a look, you know more then me, when it coms to this. Now I'm a bit scared of the out comming. I will post pic tomorrow

Thomas....I'm not the only one here ready to help fellow collectors.The tunic itself looks genuine from where I sit but a few more detailed pictures of the insigna would be helpful to acertain with an acceptable degree of certainty whether the insigna looks period applied or not,even if in such cases a hands-on inspection is always mandatory!
    May I ask how much you've paid for it?
    Cheers
    Manny

It cost me 1000 euros

I thinks best match is M36(M37) stone grey trousers. also, no problems for M40 and M42 trousers, because until end of WWII, always have soldiers wear M36 tunic
    supply quality WWI & WWII uniforms
    http://www.antzmilitary.com