Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer collar patches

Article about: If the picture uploads, this is a still from a Wochenshau film, the skulls on the patches looked different from those i have seen before, are they to a specific unit or are my eyes playing t

kc1
    ?

Default Panzer collar patches

If the picture uploads, this is a still from a Wochenshau film, the skulls on the patches looked different from those i have seen before, are they to a specific unit or are my eyes playing tricks
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzer collar patches 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer collar patches
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer collar patches

Agree, the skulls look odd. When was the movie made? Sorry, but I don't know who or what Wochenshau is. Does the knights cross look postwar or is it on backwards, as I can't see the Swaz in the middle?

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

kc1
    ?

Deutsche Wochenshau was the official war news reel shown at cinemas, starts off with an eagle and strident music, try a google search and watch clips on youtube. This edition is dated 300844 and shows eastern front activity although the clip may have been taken in happier times and spliced in to give the impression alls well. This was edition 730 about 3mins and 35 secs into the clip, starts with armoured column.

Quote by kc1 View Post
    Deutsche Wochenshau was the official war news reel shown at cinemas, starts off with an eagle and strident music, try a google search and watch clips on youtube. This edition is dated 300844 and shows eastern front activity although the clip may have been taken in happier times and spliced in to give the impression alls well. This was edition 730 about 3mins and 35 secs into the clip, starts with armoured column.
    Thanks, I was going to try googling it and I had assumed that it was something along the lines of what you said.

Odd skulls. look a bit like the cap tradition badge for some of the heer regiments, but not the same. I look forward to what others think.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

It is probably a Brunswick tradition Skull, as used by Cavalry regiment 13 or infantry regiment 17 on the visor cap, but sometimes on collar patches. The pics were provided by Sergeant08.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer collar patches   Panzer collar patches  

Regards,

Jerry

kc1
    ?

They certainly look similar, would cavarly regiment 13 have been on the eastern front? The skulls from the still almost appear to be made from silver wire, the chap is an officer, is it possible he had some privately made. The film jumps about abit but he appears in earlier frames to be wearing an assault gunners wrap, grey in colour, but if he were from as assault gun unit he would have the artillery collar badges? Might have been a '44 pattern tunic mind.

kc1
    ?

Here he is a few frames prior.

Panzer collar patches